Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Book Review for Dead Radiance (Valkyrie #1) by T.G. Ayer






Dead Radiance 

  (Valkyrie #1)

by
 4 stars
Reviewed by: Tonya
Format:Kindle/Paperback
Published:T.G. Ayer Books
Source:Gifted Copy Genre:  Paranormal



About Book


Bryn Halbrook had always seen the glow. But it is only when her best friend dies that she discovers the meaning of those beautiful golden auras — Death. Alone, lost in the foster system, she struggles to understand who she is and why she was cursed with the ability to see the soon-to-be-dead.

The new foster kid, Aidan, isn’t helping any. Mr. Perfect seems to fit in no matter what, making her feel even more pathetic. But when his affections turn to her, Bryn finds him hard to resist. Impossible actually. A mystery himself, Aidan disappears, leaving behind a broken heart and a mysterious book that suggests Bryn might not be entirely human.

Bryn stands at the threshold of a journey of discovery. Will destiny help her find herself, find her purpose and her place in a world in which she’d never belonged?

Excerpt:That day I knew for sure. I'd lost control of my tears then. They fell in huge, mocking drops. I stared at Joshua through those bitter tears, my heart missing beats as I tried to remember to breathe.

I finally knew what the glow meant.
I was a freak and Joshua was going to die



My Thoughts


What can I say about this book besides you have to read it. I mean WOW what a great story this was and I can’t wait to get into book two. I loved the characters in this book from loner (in the beginning) Bryn to her foster mom Ms. Carver to the ever sexy biker boy Aidan. I mean OMG really, leather, motorcycle, cute butt, sexy eyes, what girl wouldn’t swoon over that, I know I was. When he first shows up in the story I was like rushing to get past Bryn and get him for myself – YEAH!!!! And lets not forget about the God Odin and Godess Freyja I mean hello perfectly done in here.
I have always loved the old Greek and Norse mythological stories. I have always believed that there has to be something to it – there are way to many stories out there for it to all just be made up. Some of my favorites were about Valhalla, Asgard, Odin and the dead who are brought back to Asgard by the Valkyrie. Imagine fighting for what you believe in, for good, having courage and dying for that cause. And in honor of that the amazing Odin and Freyja wanting you in one of their armies to fight in what is the greatest battle of all time for them. To be brought back by the beautiful and mythological Valkyrie. I mean hello YES!!!!!
And I love when an author researches their stories before they write them and use real facts not changing stuff to make their story “BETTER”. To me it is better when the real stuff is used not twisting the story with different places, names, etc. That takes away from it. I give huge cudo’s to the author for staying the path on this story.
The detail which the author used to describe Bryn’s (Brynhilda) transformation from the alone and lonely foster child to an amazing Valkyrie was so amazing it was like I was in the room watching this unfold. Like you could feel what was going on inside Bryn’s head and body. As well as her heart when she is suddenly face to face with the one she fell in love with who broke her heart. To the fight between her and another Valkyrie who holds a grudge. Ever nail biting moment, ever sweet tender kiss scene, every sad and heart breaking loss was felt. My emotions hit ever range reading this book.
Now to go buy another box of Kleenex so I can start reading book 2.

  
 Buy Your eBook or Paperback Copy Here At SMASHWORDS




0 comments: