Pages

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Book Review for Embrace Evolve Book #2 by S.E. Hall


Embrace

Evolve Book #2
by S.E. Hall

 stars
Reviewed by:Tonya
Format:Kindle
Published: S.E. Hall
Source:ARC  Gene: New Adult Contemporary Romance

Blurb

Evan Allen is a handsome, athletic, southern gentleman who now attends Georgia Southern University for no good reason.

After what he expected to be the romantic gesture of the century, Evan is looking at no friends, a year of ineligibility on the football team, and no girl.

He's starting over alone and doesn't know quite how to proceed. Certain members of The Crew refuse to let him face things by himself, taking him under their wing, and it doesn't take the ladies long to notice him, either. 

Sometimes life doesn't go as you had planned. Sometimes it goes better.

Embrace it.

Embrace, the second book in the Evolve Series by S.E. Hall, follows the characters from her debut New Adult romance, Emerge.





Our Review

Okay if book one “Emerge” was good well book 2 just gets better, like wine with time. I kid you not. The whole “Crew” is back with one addition Evan. Yeah okay at first it doesn’t start off to good, okay no, it starts of bad, really bad. I was really worried there for a bit. Okay not really I knew Dane and Laney were golden but my heart sure was aching for poor Evan and his broken heart and having what once was his and now someone else’s in his face all the time now.


But wait here is the thing even though I have finished book #1 “Emerge” and now book #2 “Embrace” I still can’t get book #1 out of my head. Okay just wanted to throw that in there.


This book has all the same laughter and emotion as the first book. With new territories being discovered, new romances blossoming, old friendships being rekindled and new ones too. Past secrets unraveling and love abounds.


I absolutely LOVED what Evan does for Whitley in this book – I mean OMG it was so beyond original but so touching and sweet and okay yeah I had tears in my eyes, happy tears of course. And what Parker and Hayden do for Evan and Whitley took my breath away and yep had more happy tears in my eyes.


And of course Dane and Laney always so flipping amazing I just absolutely love their relationship, the ups and the downs and how no matter what each one pulls through for the other. And Laney OMG that girl – lets just say do not tick her off because it is more than a bat she will be swinging.


There is one part in the book that had me laughing out loud while the girls are at the “K” club (Dane’s club) I just had to share it if you read book one and read this one you will get the biggest kick out of it.



“Um, Whit, do you want another drink?”


“Yes, do you?”

“Sure. Brock?!” I yell, the large man appearing instantly. “We need another drink. Would you prefer I go to the bar and get it or do you want to do it for us?”

Saves a lot of arguing if I give him choices.

“Stay. I’ll get it.”

“Dane’s pretty protective of you, huh?” Whitley asks.

“Very,” I nod, “But I like it. It makes me feel important and safe. Just wait, Evan will be the same way with you, He’s a little sweeter about it, where Dane’s all caveman, but same theory.”



LOL I was laughing so hard – yes I know you may not get it here but trust me if you read the books you will and its just too darn funny.


I never laughed, cried, oooh’d, aaah’d so much it is like book one and two just flowed together. The author has done such an amazing job. Now I am off to read “Entangled” more about the amazing Dane and Laney and I can’t wait to see what happens next.






Follow on Bloglovin


0 comments: