Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

Book Review for Norma Jean by Amanda Heath



Norma Jean

by Amanda Heath

 4stars
Reviewed by:Tonya
Format:Kindle
Published: Amanda Heath
Source:Purchased Gene:New Adult Romance


About Book


The night Chance Duncan drunkenly kissed me on his couch, I vowed my revenge. I finally had something over his head, something that would bring him to his knees. It only served him right. He bullied me for years and turned me into this messed up person I am now.

Though I didn’t know at the time he wasn’t that mean little boy anymore. He was almost a man and easily stole my breath away. I just wanted to make him fall in love with me, then break his heart into a million pieces. Just the way mine was. Instead he put the pieces back together and I started to feel whole again.
Good things never last. He did what I was supposed to do. Broke my already fragile heart all over again. Betrayed and alone I fled my home town and started a new life where I wasn’t in the shadow of what I did.
Now he is back and trying to worm his way into my heart, again. Though he will never know it will always belong to him. He hurt me and I want nothing to do with him. Life has other plans. Doesn’t it always?
He doesn’t know though. Doesn’t know what I’m hiding or who I’m hiding from. I never thought I would see Chance again and I’m afraid that he’ll get hurt getting mixed up in my mess. Though he is right in the middle of it, without even knowing it. I have to find a way for us to get out, before somebody dies.
My name is Norma Jean and this isn’t a fairytale.
*This title is a new adult novel and not for those under 18 for sexual content and subject matter.*




http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C9HIG4O?ie=UTF8&tag=httpwwwgoodco-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00C9HIG4O&SubscriptionId=1MGPYB6YW3HWK55XCGG2


My Thoughts


Norma Jean is a teenage girl with rainbow hair, piercings and an attitude and self-esteem issues. Chance Duncan or as she calls him “Chance Mother Fucking Ducan” lol – was her bully causing her the lack of self-esteem and trust when it came to guys. Can I just say I so remember those days. Shy, stuck to myself, pimples galore, I got called all kinds of names in school, unable to talk to or deal with guys, especially the good looking jock type.
Chance, well what can one say about him, teenage boy living with his mom, product of a divorced home, philandering father and a mother who appears none too happy with him for how he has treated Norma Jean. He drinks and torments Norma while secretly hating himself and obsessing over her.
Revenge is what she wants, she wants him to hurt how he made her hurt. For him to feel pain like she felt. And so she comes up with a plan to real him in and then rip his heart out. Oh I so like her vindictive way of thinking lol… Okay-Okay I know, rise above and be a better person then that, but come on still…..
I can’t tell you the number of times I caught myself bursting out laughing with this book. Comments made by Norma or Chance and their friends. For example (“It takes everything in me not to punch Creed. I honestly want to crunch his pretty face under my fist and watch it bleed. Does ne not realize I see the way he looks at her? I thought we were better friends than that. I should have known the second I decided to have a girlfriend he would eye-fuck her all the time.” ~ Chance) ROFL see what I mean I busted out on that one. Jealousy big time and to think this is the girl he used to bully – LOL
One thing that threw me a bit off in the timeline – they go to their prom and the next day is their graduation. I don’t ever remember a school that had prom one night and graduation the next night. So that kind of threw me out a bit – probably the only thing about the book I thought was off.
I have to say my heart ached watching Norma rip apart Chance’s heart. I know- I know just a few paragraphs ago I said he deserved it, but by this point I really thought the past was just that, the past. I cried reading it. I didn’t see it coming. I really felt for him. And at the same time my heart ached for Norma, I mean, she fell for him, ran, and hurt.
This story is so real, so heartbreaking at times. What happens between Norman and Chance is so sad yet so completely understandable, hurt and misunderstanding can always spoil something good. What Norma goes through later on in college – I wouldn’t wish it on anyone – but I had a family member go through something similar so my heart really went out to Norma. And the losses that everyone in this book suffer, so very tragic they tear at your heart. The cruelty of Creed and what he puts everyone through is chilling. And the way the author writes it all, you feel like you are there seeing it and hearing it all unfold before your eyes.
I have to say I really loved this book and know so many lives that have been effected by the very same things that happen within the pages of Norma Jean. I hope that everyone reads this book and sees that there can be a silver lining at the end of their rainbow. Job well done.









0 comments: