Title: Breached
Trilogy: Stonewall #3
Author: J.L. Drake
Genre: Military Romantic Suspense
Tropes: Enemies to Lovers, Single Dad, Secret Identity
Forced Proximity, Forbidden Love, Found Family
Release Date: October 6, 2026
BLURB
From the bestselling author of the Broken Trilogy and Dark Water Series comes Breached— the explosive finale to the Stonewall Trilogy, where brotherhood is forged in blood, loyalty is tested, and no one escapes the cost of war.
Agent Paul thought he understood sacrifice.
He was wrong.
One second.
That's all it takes for everything to change.
With ears still ringing, Paul is forced to confront one unbearable truth: the people he swore to protect are paying the price for a war that was never meant to reach them. Now they all must face the aftermath of his choices.
The deaths.
The carnage.
The pain.
Nicole spent her career documenting wars that belonged in someone else's world.
Until now.
Now the lines between truth and deception have never been more dangerous. Yet the greatest betrayal may not come from the enemy closing in—but from the man she thought she knew.
Bruno is done playing defense.
After years of watching his empire crumble, he's learned exactly where to strike. He isn't waiting for Blackstone to cross the border.
For Blackstone, this isn't just another mission. It's the fight for everything they've built—and everyone they love.
Because the war isn't raging south of the border.
It's coming home.
Book Review: Breached by J. L. Drake.
Concluding book in an ongoing trilogy. Starring: Nicole and Paul, and their continued love story.
Breached by J. L. Drake dives headfirst into a relentless surge of adrenaline, delivering a heart-pounding conclusion to an epic trilogy. If you're looking for a book that grabs you from the first page and doesn't let go until the very end, this is it. It's a story steeped in high-stakes Cartel Drama, unwavering love, and the profound hope of building a better future for the next generation.
Breached is a high-octane race to finish the mission that has defined the series. It's about getting the job done "once and for all" and laying the groundwork for a legacy, ensuring that the battles fought by fathers and sons continue to echo in future generations. The plot is a labyrinth of constant surprises, where long-held secrets burst into the light, betrayals lurk at every turn, and the resilience of love is tested. Amidst the chaos, bonds of "found family" grow stronger, and evil, though a formidable foe, is met with the unyielding light of justice. It's a satisfying, albeit realistic, victory – a significant dent in a larger scenario, but a triumph nonetheless.
Drake truly excels at crafting an unforgettable reading experience. The pacing is impeccable, providing nonstop, edge-of-your-seat excitement that makes it almost impossible to put down. Every twist and turn feels earned, keeping the reader fully invested in the unfolding drama.
The character development is a standout feature. Each character, from the central figures of Nicole and Paul to the wider cast of undercover operatives, is depicted with remarkable depth and distinct personalities. Special mention must go to Mark, the team's witty jokester whose addiction to sweets provides much-needed levity amidst the tension. The journey of Frank, in particular, offers a poignant exploration of the psychological toll of decades-long conflict, showcasing the human cost behind the heroics.
At its heart, Breached is a powerful love story. Nicole and Paul's rekindled romance is incredibly compelling, their chemistry palpable and their journey toward building a loving family, especially for the endearing Chase, genuinely heartwarming. After a decade of sacrifices, Paul's reunion with his family feels like a well-deserved reward. The emotional depth doesn't stop there; the book gracefully weaves in themes of healing and honoring those who made the ultimate sacrifice, balancing moments of sadness with joyous breakthroughs.
Finally, the intricate plot execution and the collaborative spirit of the undercover operatives, brilliantly orchestrated by minds like Eric Noah, are truly impressive. Even unpredictable antagonists like Bruno, the "loose cannon," add layers of challenge and excitement, preventing the plot from ever becoming predictable.
While Breached delivers a thrilling and emotionally resonant conclusion, it's crucial to note its nature as part of an ongoing trilogy. While some series can be enjoyed as standalones, this is emphatically not one of them. The plot threads, character relationships, and long-standing conflicts are deeply intertwined with the previous books. To fully appreciate the nuances, character arcs, and the significance of every revelation, it is highly recommended to read the series in the published order. Jumping in halfway would undoubtedly diminish the impact and clarity of this complex, character-driven plot.
This book is an absolute must-read for fans already invested in J. L. Drake's "Embedded" trilogy. If you've followed Nicole and Paul's journey thus far, Breached offers a deeply satisfying, full-circle conclusion you won't want to miss. Beyond that, readers who crave high-octane thrillers, intricate spy plots, and robust character-driven stories will find much to love. It's perfect for those who appreciate a blend of relentless action, a touching romance, and the profound theme of found family, all against a backdrop of good battling evil.
Breached is a testament to J. L. Drake's storytelling prowess, delivering a finale that is as exhilarating as it is emotionally fulfilling. It ties up numerous loose ends, offers powerful character resolutions, and leaves readers with a strong sense of hope for the future. For those who have been on this journey, it’s a triumphant and rewarding read. Prepare for a ride that will keep you on the edge of your seat, reminding you of the power of love, sacrifice, and the enduring fight for what's right.
Rating Recommendation: Highly Recommended (especially for series readers)
EXCERPT
Paul
I was in a battle zone. In the split second of the blast, I’d thrown my body over Olivia’s. The explosion hit us like a wall of fire. It was blistering and deafening all at once. The heat had been instant, unforgiving, and merciless. It crawled over us like a living thing.
I tried to keep my weight off Liv as I rolled us onto our sides. We both gasped for air that wasn’t there. The oxygen had been sucked away, along with any sound. The ringing in my ears was intense, and I fought to block it out. It wasn’t the first time I’d been through a blast like that, and I knew my ears would bother me for a while. My vision was spotty, but I blinked to see Olivia and quickly patted her down to make sure she was okay. My eyes kept going to the vehicles, but I had to check her out first.
She was like a zombie, and I knew she was in shock. I pressed a hand to her shoulder and made the motion to stay down. I had to assess the situation. Distant screams from all around us made me realize this was so much worse than I could have ever imagined. I spotted the tracker Liv had handed me where it lay on the ground. I rammed my fist into the face of the lion, then stood and used my heel to crush it. Staying low, I moved quickly in the direction of the SUVs.
Holy shit. It might be a war zone, but this one included everyone I loved.
Chase! Nicole! Their faces pushed through my mind as I began to run. I looked for the guys and saw, like me, they’d transformed from husbands and fathers to combat soldiers. They moved swiftly about in the chaos. As I got close, I saw their faces were white with pain and shock as they tried to get everyone away from the still-burning vehicle. We all knew more could be coming.
What the hell had happened? How could this happen here?
Cries and shouts from our loved ones intermingled with the sounds of people as they arrived on the scene to help.
There was so much distraction, I couldn’t even fathom that Nicole and Chase’s SUV was the one that had been blown up.
John and Travis were quickly herding the wives and children to Zack’s entrance. Sloane raced past me, headed for Olivia. “I’ve got her.” Her voice sounded strangled and her face was pale.
Then I saw Savannah. Cat was at her side pulling her arm desperately to try to get her to move with the others toward the safety of Zack’s restaurant.
“Savi!” Zack appeared out of nowhere, and he sounded a mile away. He shook her shoulders, and she blinked out of the trance she was in. “Olivia! Easton!” she screamed.
“Olivia is over there. She’s okay.” He pointed to the stairs where Sloane half-carried Olivia up the restaurant steps. Savannah sobbed and ran for her daughter.
“Zack!” I yelled, making him look at me. “Check everyone for trackers!” He gave me a thumbs up, and I quickly veered around to head toward the inferno. I needed to see. I had to know. “No!” Mike’s voice boomed, and I whirled to see him intercept Cole as he hurled himself at the burning vehicle. “You don’t want to see that! Cole, stop!”
AUTHOR BIO
J.L. Drake is a bestselling author of contemporary romance and romantic suspense, known for her dark, gripping books with brooding heroes and passionate lovers. Her “World of Mayhem” offers interconnected series enjoyed individually. Originally from Nova Scotia, she now lives in Southern California. For more, visit her website.
AUTHOR LINKS
* StoryGraph * Facebook * Instagram * BookBub * Goodreads *
* StoryGraph * Facebook * Instagram * BookBub * Goodreads *
* Pinterest * Our Blog Site * Blue Sky *


.png)


0 comments:
Post a Comment