Pages

Friday, June 23, 2017

Amazon Tour Rough and Ready by Hayley Faiman

Title: Rough and Ready
Series: Notorious Devils MC #5
Author: Hayley Faiman
Genre: MC Romance
Release Date: June 16, 2017 Cover Designer: Pink Ink Designs
Cleo Hill is a married woman, in love with a man she's never really known—her husband, whom she hasn't seen in eleven years.
Paxton "Torch" Hill is a Notorious Devil, a man who's been wrestling with his personal demons since before he knew the horrors of war.
When a threat against his club means danger could be lurking around his estranged wife's door, Paxton is determined to protect her. Yet, one look at the woman he left behind, and he knows his plans are about to change. 
The past is not an easy thing to forget, especially not for a woman scorned. While Cleo isn't the innocent catch he once knew, there's something about that rough and ready man she's not sure she can deny.
After all—they promised each other forever. 
*Recommended for readers 18+ due to Language, Sexual Content, and Violence
Tammy Cole - “This was one of the best second chance love story I've ever read. I honestly couldn't stop reading this. I can't wait to read the next book in this series!!” She’s a Lip Biter - “This is the first book by this author that I have read or devoured! It won't be the last by a long shot!” Alpha Book Club - “The author kept me on the edge of my seat from start to finish. Let me tell you, emotional rollercoaster. It was up and down, forward and backward.”

Let's start off by saying that we loved our first story by this author.For sometime I have had her books on my kindle and I can't wait to read more of this series as I know I am really going to love them.

This story had an interesting plot as well as having great characters and I have to say I loved them all.

I try to always pick a favorite character in the story that I am reading and mine is going to be Cleo,I Chose Cleo as she was truly and innocent even after the knocks life gave her.She was sweet and kind as well as generous and the type of girl who once gives her heart its for a lifetime.I loved the strong and independent person she had become.

Paxton was her husband who left her many years ago without even a glance backwards.Now several years later he has turned up in her life stirring up all hurts and sorrows.

Paxton reached out to her as he seems to think her life is in danger and now wants to play the protective husband .He left her without a by you leave so why bother now? The MC has made enemies of the Cartel and things are heating up and their going after the women and children to settle the score.How do you protect a women who wants nothing to do with you ?Paxton is up to the challenge as he realizes he as never stopping loving his beautiful wife and plans to make her his all over again.

I have to say I loved Paxton even after he deserted his wife but as the story progressed I wondered who proved to be the greater threat to Cleo's safety himself or the Cartel ?

This story was a bit of a emotional journey for this couple who were learning about forgiveness,trust,love,and second chances.

Cleo was my favorite character but Paxton got under my skin and I could not help but to love him to.Paxton turned out to be a really complex character and we understand why he as that way as the story progressed.One of this things I loved about his him as he always owned up to the mistakes he made when It came to Cleo past and present. He never made excuses other than having regrets and how he should have gotten treatment sooner.

This was a powerful love story that stood the test of time.I loved the chemistry this couple had as it burned even brighter than it had years before.I loved being on this couple journey of rediscovering one another but I have to say that I worried more than once that Cleo was not going to be able to handle the life that comes with being with a man like Paxton.We were rooting for the both hoping after everything that was said and done their would be a happily ever after for these two.They truly belonged together .

An great read that had tons of surprises and a cast of interesting characters that kept you turning the page until the story was done.

So looking forward to getting to know even more of these bad boy MC members.


5 stars from us



32 years young... born and raised in California, did a stint in Oregon only to return to the Golden State. Lived that life a while until the Lone Star State called to us, Hill Country, Texas is where we call home, where our boots rest and loving that country life. Living the life with one bearded power pole climbing husband, two little boys that are full of energy and drive us crazy plus a chocolate lab named Optimus Prime.

HOSTED BY:

0 comments: