Pages

Friday, April 11, 2014

Book Review for Uncovering You : The Contract By Scarlett Edwards



Uncovering You : The Contract

By: Scarlett Edwards
 stars
Reviewed by:Tonya
Format:Kindle/Audio
Published:Edwards Publishing LTD
Source:Purchased Gene: Erotica Romance

Blurb

When I wake up in a dark, unfamiliar room, I have no idea what's waiting for me in the shadows. My imagination conjures up demons of the worst kind.

Reality is much worse:

A collar with no leash. A prison with no walls. And a life stripped of meaning.

I am presented with a vile contract and asked to sign. It outlines the terms of my servitude. The only information I have about my captor are the two small letters inked at the bottom:

J.S.

Armed with only my memories, I must do everything I can to avoid becoming ensnared in his twisted mind games. But in the end, it all comes down to one choice: 

Resist and die.

Or submit, and sign my life away.




Our Review

What can I say but OH MY GAWD – first book I have ever read of Scarlett’s and I want to read book 2 now – I do not want to have to wait until it comes out – come on – hand it over – lets go – hurry up!!!! WOW was this book good. I can’t even begin to imagine what it must be like to wake up and not know where you are, how you got there, why you are there and how you are going to get out. Through Lilly’s eyes you soon start to feel just what that must be like. And as hard as Lilly try’s to put all the pieces together so will you. And when the dots get connected…. Let’s just say when I got to the realization I was floored.

Lilly is going to a prestigious college and receives a very high honor and with it comes a very amazing internship that leads to an amazing year long job. Just what she needs to help pay off those mounting college debts. But what happens to her was not part of the game plan and not what she ever expected.

I pride myself on understanding people?

I sneer at the naivety I once had. You can read every psychology book in the world and still be blindsided by the cruelty lurking in the human heart.

I am at my very limit. I am a woman on the edge of a precipice. I know that I have only two choices right now:

Die, or sign the contract.



Um hello…. chill’s anyone. You will get them for sure. Not the creep you out type, but the this can’t really be happening, someone help her, I am afraid for what may happen to her.

I love how the author has written this story, she takes you back in time to moments that lead up to this point as Lilly try’s to remember how she ended up in the situation she is in. And then she brings you back to the current moment and the next problem facing Lilly. The only thing that kept me from giving this a 5 Heart rating was in the beginning it was a bit disconcerting, but once you realized what the authors intent was it flowed and it flowed rather well I must say. We have all seen the dual points of view and in a way this is very similar in that you get Lilly’s current frame of mind and situation and then when she can’t handle anymore and sort of shuts down you get her past frame of mind and a situation that aided in guiding her to where she currently is. It really was rather interesting.

Now of course this book isn't just about Lilly – no there is a guy in here – of course there is, what would a romance, even a Dark Romance be without a guy. He is rich, he is powerful, and he always gets what he wants. I had highlighted a part in my Kindle that talks about this gentlemen but then I realized it could potentially give away a very good part of the story, but let me just say – close your eyes and imagine your hottest book boyfriend, then throw that away – hotter!!! Yep, that is all I will say on that subject.

Scarlett amazing job and I am looking forward to reading part 2 of Uncovering You – I can’t wait to see what happens to Lilly & J.S.






Amazon Kindle Link




                       





0 comments: