Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

Book Review for Un Complicated A Vegas Girl's Tale by Dawn Robertson and Jo-Anna Walker


Un Complicated

AVegas Girl Tale
byDawn Robertson and Jo-Anna Walker

 stars
Reviewed by:Tonya
Format:Kindle
Published:
Source:ARC  Gene: New Adult Contemporary /Erotica Romance

Blurb



Three days a week I work your everyday nine-to-five. The paperwork is never-ending. The pay is mediocre, and the office drama is simply intolerable. But the other four days a week, I am my own boss. 

My name is Jennifer Sunshine and I am a Vegas Call Girl.
My clients range from frat boys on spring break to multimillionaire business men with stuffy wives and less than ideal equipment.

I don’t have a daddy-complex or some kind of sob story.
I don’t need the money, but it is nice.
The only thing I crave is the exhilarating feeling I get from being in control of something. Anything.

My life is uncomplicated, simple even.
That was until he bulldozed his way into my life, and everything changed.
Overnight he makes me realize how much I truly need him.



Our Review

This is the story of Jenny Sunshine, a Bad-ass business woman, a Vegas Call Girl. A life she chose for herself. That is until she meets her match in Mathis. And I certainly can’t imagine waking up in Jennifer’s situation after a drunken night at Mathis’ club, but she sure does stand her ground with him lol.



“No Mathis listen to me,” I paused and lifted my head to make eye contact with him across the table. I felt weak and my demeanor changed. For some reason I felt as though I was about to hurt him, even though it was an absolutely foolish thought “I’m a call girl. I have sex with men like you, for large sums of money four days a week.” When I exhaled, I say and waited, watching a number of emotions run across his face. Mathis wore his heart on his sleeve. He may play the part of a badass but when we are alone, here in home, I could see it was all a facade.


“You what?” his voice was quiet. He set the cup of coffee onto the table, increased his legs and stood.

I should gear the altercation that was coming, because honestly I hate fighting. But for some ducked up reason I loves fighting with him.

His strides were quick and before I knew it, he was pulling me up from my chair into his arms. He held me right against his body without saying a word and we just stood there for what felt like an eternity in this simple embrace. I didn’t know how much time passed until he finally spoke.

“Jennifer?”

I nod and let out a little grunt to acknowledge him.

“That is over now. Money is not an issue. I will do anything and everything to take care of you. You don’t need to have sex for money anymore.”

His words are like a slap to the face, but then again why should I expect him to understand my life. No one would.

“It isn’t about the money Mathis, it never was.” I pulled away and started walking toward the bedroom. If I get there quickly insight can lock myself in the bathroom and plan my getaway.

“Then tell me Jennifer. Please.” He stopped as I continues to walk away.

Do I answer him? Do I give him the satisfaction of knowing how much of an absolute whore I am? Do I really want him know how much I love sex, even though I don’t plan on having it with him? Ever.

“Mathis. It’s about the sex. But, you wouldn’t understand.”




I have to tell you I really love this “fight” that Jennifer and Mathis have. Internal battles and all. This story was just what I needed while sitting at a softball field for my daughters practice for 4 hours. LOL I was laughing one minute and down right mad the next. Not mad at these two but mad at the butt faces in the story but boy do I love that Jennifer, that girl sure can hold her own.

When Jennifer comes clean with who and what she is Mathis takes it in stride and says “NO MORE” instead of “GET OUT”. And when Mathis comes clean with his legal and “illegal” activities, well Jennifer takes that in stride and instead of running turns it into a business opportunity for herself. I so loved that. Talk about a business woman.

Now it would be very remiss of me to not mention the sex in here. Lets just say, a cooler full of ice cold bottles of water, the air conditioning in your vehicle, a cold shower will not cool off this book. WOW the sex scenes in this story are beyond sizzling. There is no lack of it between these two. Each one wanting to have the power over the other but then succumbing to the other. That push and pull thing they had going on made for some very steamy sex scenes.

Absolutely loved this story, and if you want to find out if past history comes back to destroy these two or if they come together and rise above and get their HEA, run on over and get your copy now because when I say it is worth it – IT IS WORTH IT!!!







Follow on Bloglovin


0 comments: