Pages

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Book Review for Not Another Soldier by Samantha Holt


Not Another Soldier
by Samantha Holt


 stars
Reviewed by:Tonya
Format:Kindle
Published: Createspace
Source:ARC  Gene:Contemporary Romance 

Blurb

"I’ve just buried my husband. I was going to divorce him and now he’s dead."

After five years as a military wife, Sienna is moving on. She’s keen to leave behind the misery of her marriage to Rob but for some reason the past won’t let her go. It doesn’t help that her closest friend, Nick, is also a soldier. Unfortunately Sienna is struggling to deny her attraction to the sexy marine, even knowing there can be no future in it. When the injured soldier admits he wants her just as badly, and has always wanted her, the fight to control her feelings becomes harder. 

And now she’s learning things about her late husband that surprise even her. When the secrets of Rob’s life come to light, Sienna finds herself involved with some very nasty people and Nick is determined to protect her, no matter what. 

As the danger grows to both her heart and her life, Sienna needs to decide if it was the army that was the problem or her late husband. Is Nick worth the heartache of being a military spouse again? And will he be able to protect her from the ring of drug dealers slowly closing in?





Our Review



What can I say anyone who follows my reviews knows I am a devout reader of anything Samantha Holt. She is by far the best historical romance author I have ever read. But her newest move into Contemporary Romance WOW WOW WOW!!!! She nailed it with Sienna and Nick in Not Another Soldier. 

Nick is a soldier, a wounded soldier, who even though has recovered and healed and is back to being a soldier has always longed for Sienna. Sienna was married to his best friend Rob. Sienna just buried her husband and with him his abusive demeaning ways. But what they both don’t know is Rob had a really nasty and dangerous secret. 

I stare unseeingly at the TV. Guess I’d always held out hope that eventually Sienna would come to me and I could buy her a house. Rob had all that. Someone to come home to, to eat with and chat about his day. Damn, I envied that. But what kind of man wants their best friends wife?

I’ve battled with that guilt for so long, I’m used to it now. And Rob is dead and Sienna needs someone. Needs me, even if she doesn’t know it yet. I jump up and grab a beer from the mini-fridge I keep in my room. Crack it open, I take a determined drink. I’m done standing by Rob. I did my part, played the loyal friend and watched as he fucked up Sienna’s life. In the military, loyalty is everything. You don’t fight for the politicians or whatever bullshit reason they give you. When you’re on the battlefield, you fight for your buddies. But I’m done being loyal to Rob, even in death. He wasn’t the guy I used to know, the boy I played soldiers with as a kid. And I’ll be damned if he is going to ruin my life too.

I don’t know what I’m going to do yet, but somehow I’m going to get Sienna and make her mine, once and for all



OMG I had chills not bad chills but OMG I am so jealous this is so the kind of guy I want to find me. :) OMG I fell in love with Nick right then and I was cheering for him from that moment on. Sienna was going to be a hard nut to crack. Rob really did a number on her and with what they have coming at them they are going to need each other more than either of them realize. 

This story doesn’t fail, it has its drama, it has its hills and valleys, I was pulling out the tissue, was laughing, and drooling my emotions were on a Samantha Holt roller coaster and it was all good. 

“Oh God, touch me, Nick,” I beg as his fingers skim my hips and dip beneath my jeans



Oh now doesn’t that get the ole’ fires stoked right there. Yeah just a taste of what you will find within the pages of Not Another Soldier. Okay wait lets do just one more - because I love to tease. LOL 

“Come on, woman.” He kicks off his boots and yanks down his trousers. Frankly, I’m just enjoying the show. “It’s been two weeks and I have thought of nothing but you every second. Get naked and get in this shower.”

“Yes, sir.”



Nick and Sienna sure do know how to steam it up. If you choose to read this on your kindle be ware it might short circuit. Now I love a good erotica book, but Samantha has a way of turning up the steam and pulling you into the scene you would almost think it was you (oh don’t I wish - like I said I would trade places with Sienna any day - that Nick is one hot soldier). 

Nick drops a kiss to my lips, a brief one, and releases me. “Just so you know, you’ll always be the most valuable thing in my life. And I do want to possess you, I can’t deny that. But first and foremost, I want to love you.”



OMG can I say it again - can I please, please, please have Nick - come on Samantha - share please. LOL okay can I just be the next female character in one of your hot little stories? There are tender moments like this all throughout this story. Now mind you there are moments when you are going to want to shake Sienna and say OMG girl would you just wake up already, like seriously - hello - Mr. Right is right there for you. And then there are moments you want to walk up to tall, blonde and delicious and say “alright hot stuff, back off a little you are doing this all wrong.” lol 

You can’t go wrong reading this story. It isn’t one of those you know what is going to happen right from the start because guess what you dont. And I won’t spoil it for you (okay any more than I already have lol) but you must know this read is amazing. There is strife, there is turmoil, there is danger, and there is hot, steamy, sexy, moments and yes even love. 


--Additional Note from my co worker Quin who just finished reading this story - 
Wow! I just finished Not Another Soldier. She is awesome. Way to keep your attention from beginning to end. AWESOME READ! Thanks. (FYI “She” would be Samantha Holt) :)









Follow on Bloglovin


0 comments: