Pages

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Book Review Dead Chaos Valkyrie #3 By: T.G. Ayer



Dead Chaos
Valkyrie Book 3
By: T.G. Ayer
 stars
Reviewed by:Tonya
Format:Kindle
Published: Infinite Ink books
Source:Purchased Gene: Young Adult/ Fantasy/Paranormal

Blurb

Valkyrie Bryn Halbrook is broken and


 damaged…

Struggling to accept the loss of her wings,


 Bryn’s not sure if she can be a real Valkyrie 


anymore. But when a mysterious prophecy


 claims she will be the reason the All-Father


 dies, she is determined to ensure the prediction


 will not come to pass.

A visit to the three fates who live beneath the


 great Tree of life, sends Bryn racing against


 time to find the missing Heimdall and his 


horn. As Odin’s life hangs in the balance and


 Ragnarok draws ever closer, Bryn has to find a


 way to save Heimdall and Odin before she can


 discover the truth about who she really is.

In this thrilling instalment in the Valkyrie


 series Bryn must battle not only the


 formidable frost giants and the hated God


 Loki, but she must also find a balance between


 what she will lose and what she will gain.







Book Review

This book starts off in such a tragic and sad way, right away my heart was breaking for my favorite Valkyrie Heroine Bryn. To go through the pain and torture she went through and endured I couldn’t even imagine. To know you lost the one thing that you had come to love and cherish. But Bryn is strong and she rises above. Not only does she lose something very close and dear to her, she also begins to lose someone she loves, or thought she loved. But if I know my Bryn she is going to forge ahead and do some serious butt kicking. That is part of the charm of Bryn that I just fell in love with in book one. 


This book was beyond anything I expected. I won't lie when I say Bryn was and still is my absolute favorite character in this series, and honestly in all the books I have read about Norse/Greek mythology and Valkyrie’s. From the beginning of book One (Dead Radiance) all the way through to the end of book Three (Dead Chaos) I have loved her courage, strength, fortitude, compassion her ability to never give up and her wit. 

As I have said in my reviews of Dead Radiance and Dead Embers, I have always had a fascination with Valkyrie, Odin, Freya, Loki, Thor, Einherjar and let us not forget the ever loveable, ever annoying Hugin. LOL Gosh I love that black bird. LOL :) You just can’t go wrong with Hugin on your side. And I loved the introduction of Odin’s wolf dogs that are bestowed upon Bryn. Nice little doggies they are :)

The author does an amazing job with the characters, bringing them to life, their interactions and the storyline is very believable as it was with books 1 and 2.

After everything that Bryn goes through in this book, anyone else would have caved and thrown in the towel, crawled into a hole. But not her, she rises above and continues to stand true to herself, her beliefs and to fight for Asgard and Valhalla and for all of her friends, Gods and herself. Each batter she loses something, but in the end comes out ahead gaining more than she bargained for. Her last battle in the book is awesome and love how “name not being offered so as not to spoil” throws a tantrum like a baby. LOL So nice to see that. LOL But the loss that comes from this battle broke my heart and had my grabbing for my tissue and crying big time. 

And um excuse me - HELLO CLIFF HANGER!!!!! T.G. you are so not nice. And we need to have a little talk - I can’t believe you did that - OMG the ending - okay everyone just be prepared go ahead and walk to the edge of the cliff and jump because that is exactly what happens here you jump because you can’t wait to turn the page and find out what happens and T.G. Ayers leaves you in a free fall - ROFL man I so threw a temper tantrum myself - okay maybe I should take lessons from one of the gods in this story. LOL That was like riding on a roller coaster, heading into the loop and then the loop disappears and you are sent hurtling into thin air. LOL 

Oh and the revelation that Bryn receives just before that cliffhanger I did not see that coming but what an awesome twist to the story. Job well done on that one - Cuddo’s. Let me just say if you have not read this series what are you waiting for? You are truly missing out on a fabulous story here. 

Thank you for the honor of being able to read the next installment in this series. 







0 comments: