Pages

Monday, November 25, 2013

Book Review for Text Take It of # 4 By: Cambria Herbert


Text
Take It of # 4

By: Cambria Herbert
 stars
Reviewed by:Tonya
Format:Kindle
Published: Cambria Herbert
Source:Purchased Gene: New Adult Romance



Blurb

***This is a new adult contemporary novel and contains sexual content and graphic language. It is not intended for young adult readers.*** 

One text can change everything. 
Honor Calhoun never thought her life would ever be like the books she writes for a living. One morning while out for a run, she learns not all bad things are plots in novels. Some horrors can actually come true. 
She faces off with a persistent attacker, holds her own, but in the end is taken hostage and thrown into a hole. In the middle of the woods. 
But Honor didn’t go down there alone. 
She took her kidnapper’s phone with her. With a spotty signal and a dying battery, her hope is slim. 
Nathan Reed is an active duty Marine stationed at a small reserve base in Pennsylvania. All he wants is a calm and uneventful duty station where he can forget the memories of his time in a war-torn country. 
But a single text changes everything. 
Nathan becomes Honor’s only hope for survival, and he has to go against the clock, push aside his past, and take on a mission for a girl he’s never met. 
Both of them want freedom… but they have to survive long enough to obtain it. 



Our Review 


“Wait for the person who pursues you, the one who will make an ordinary moment seem magical, the kind of person who brings out the best in you and makes you want to be a better person. Wait for the person who will be your best friend, the only person who will drop everything to be with you at any time no matter what the circumstances” - Author Unknown

Oh I loved reading that - Cambria always has a way with finding the perfect phrase or quote to start her books and this one - this one gives me hope again - that maybe just maybe…. 

Honor Calhoun is an author - well isn't that just a quink-a-dink - LOL out for a typical run when she is snatched and beaten, kicked and punched and tossed in a hole. But this girl has brains she gets a hold of the kidnappers phone and takes it down into the hole with her. 

Nathan is a Marine and after a long week, and in attempts to hide painful memories is out for a game of cards with the guys waiting for one of them to arrive with the cold beer. The golden elixir that washes away those memories at least for a time. 

An unexpected text sends Nathan on a frantic search for Honor, before the kidnapper returns. with only her text’s to guide him. Worse yet, the phone she is texting from, well, lets just say someone you least expect or not… 

I was on the edge of my seat the entire time I read this book. OMG new adult contemporary romance - hello add in mystery, thriller, edge of your seat suspense. Nail bitter all the way to the end. I absolutely LOVED this book and I think by far it is my favorite out of the 4 in this series so far. CAMBRIA I bow to your awesomeness!!!! LOL :) 

Yes, yes you know that he does find her of course, but not before the kidnapper gets back to her and does quiet a bit of damage to her. I love how he cradles her like a small kitten in his sexy rock hard abs (OMG this man is delish!!!) Yes I was drooling over my kindle, I think I heard it short circuit a few times - Cambria I love how your mind works - this is my new book boyfriend. Beyond swoon worthy. 

I love the playful banter that Nathan and Honor have between each other even in the midst of everything. Knowing the kidnapper is still on the loose and they are his prey they manage to have this amazing draw to each other. 



“You like hot wings, Honor?” he asked like it was the most important thing he needed to know. 
“Who doesn't?”
“Nice,” he drawled. He had quite the southern accent going. Every time he talked, I felt a little giddy and I hung on every word he said. I was waiting for him to drop his first “y’all.” 
“All right,” he said, gesturing to my shirt. “Lift it up. Let’s see it.” 
“You suck at foreplay.”
He caught my wrist in his oversized palm and towed me a little closer. His face came close to mine, so close that I was able to see that he had blue eyes and a scar across one of his cheeks. 
“That, sweetheart, was not foreplay. When we get to that, you’ll damn well know it.”
Well, alrighty then. 
Shamelessly, I wondered when we might get to the foreplay.

You go girl - forget that you got a kidnapper out there wanting to kill not just you now but that hot stud muffin of a Marine that rescued you. LOL That is what I am talking about. LOL - I really do love the chemistry between Honor and Nathan - its is tender, hot, sweet, sexy, pulling, explosive.


 “So what’s the plan?”“The plan is to get moving, work our way to the road.”“It’s dark. How will we know which direction to go?”I was insulted. “Sweetheart,” I drawled. “I was trained for this. I could find my way out of a pig’s ass.” “How the hell would you get into a pig’s ass?” “Exactly.” She snorted. It wasn't very ladylike. It was cute as hell. “You make no sense.” “You’re going to make me into one of the characters in your next book, aren't you?” I couldn't help but tease her. “Yes. He’s going to have no teeth and one eye.”I chuckled. “Wow, you got good eyesight. I was hoping the dark would disguise my ugly ass ‘til morning.” “Whatever,” she tossed out.


Okay I just had to share more because I just loved that part I was reading this at my desk at work on break and busted out laughing - okay no I snorted so loud then laughed. I mean this is just classic and so made the book. 


Slowly Honor learns about Nathan’s past, his pain, what haunts him. What keeps him awake at night, and terrorizes his dreams. And Nathan having been there, done that, knows what Honor is going to be going through. They both seem to “complete” each other, and together they kick some serious butt, teach that kidnapper a lesson for sure. And help each other begin to heal from their painful memories. 



I will be completely honest I so DID NOT WANT THIS BOOK TO END… I so wanted to keep reading about Honor and Nathan I fell in love with these characters. Excellent book.




      Amazon Kindle Link     

               





0 comments: