Pages

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Death Knows My Name Book Tour and our Author Interview with Casse NaTome



Death Knows My Name

By Casse NaRome


Genre-Adult Paranormal Romance

Blurb-

MAYNE ST LECLAIR has spent her adult life closed off emotionally from the world around her. She learned very early on that those who get close to her end up dead. She knows she is cursed, but what she doesn't know is why.
ECTAIN “ERIC” EDECK knows the pain he has caused Mayne but the connection is undeniable. Can Mayne get passed the hurt and fall in love or has her heart been broken too many times?
Is death playing some sort of cruel joke on Mayne St LeClair or is watching her suffer breaking Death’s heart?


What inspires you to write?

I never know when an idea to hit me will hit me. I always fear “This one will be the last.” The very first story I ever completed was inspired by a movie I read. A few years later I  was walking my dog at 2 AM and something scared the crap out of me. Death Knows My Name or at least the idea, was born. I borrowed a few characters from my my very first story Born Through Desecration.

The Reborn was based on a picture. I saw it and the story was written all over it. I knew their life was tragic. Their love was not going to be a happy ending. But then came that feeling again. When I wrote the end, I feared that after this series what would come next. I was almost panicking. What is a writer without a story to tell?

Walking home from a job interview, I smelled a stench. I looked around and I was near a funeral home. Part-Time Reaper flooded in. What if a girl found out what she was by accident? Suddenly her reaper senses kicked in and she was left confused.


Hopefully next time I am here, I will have a new “how I was inspired” story. Fingers crossed.


Excerpt # 1

I heard a knock at the door. Assuming it would be Devon, I was ready to bitch about how shitty my day was.
I flung open the door, surprised to see Eric. “You used the door.”
“It’s called manners. Aren’t you going to invite me in?”
“Didn’t know you needed an invitation.”
“I don’t. I’m not a vampire. It’s that manners thing again,” he said curtly, stepping around me.
I stood there with the door open.
“Aren’t you going to close the door?”
When I made no move to, he reached past me and shut it.
“I had hoped I’d never be seeing you again.” I lied.“Besides, I figured you’d be mad at me.”
“I am beyond mad. Try pissed off.”
“Okay, pissed off or not, I really had no choice. I’m—”
“Do you even know what you did today? I asked one thing from you and you wouldn’t do it. You had a choice. There is always a choice and you made it.”
I sighed. “The point is, I’m sorry!”
“I deal in bottom lines. And the bottom line is—”
“The bottom line is I screwed you. Don’t you understand that I cannot just let you kill people in front of me? Don’t you understand how much that hurts? This guy today was a stranger but those people before—Eric, I believed it was my fault because of you. Every guy I slept with—”
“You weren’t supposed to sleep with every guy you met in a bar! That is on you.”
“Fuck you!”
He lifted his brow. “Isn’t that your problem?”
“Woah! Woah, woah, woah. Don’t you come in here and judge me. You don’t have the right. How I deal with my pain is my business. Is that what this is about? The creepy stalker Angel of Death got jealous?”
“Who I call is never my pick. It is your lot in life to keep memories and mine to call souls.”
“I cannot believe you called me a slut?” It was off subject but I was still pissed off about it.
“Did not!”
“Bullshit. You did a damn good job of implying it.”
“You are right.” He rubbed his hand through his hair, and I saw remorse in his eyes. “I’m sorry.”

Excerpt # 2

“So, I hope you don’t mind but I invited my new maaan.” I said with a roll of my neck.
He laughed. “Your new man, huh? Which one is it, the cold son of a bitch from the bar or the tattooed freak who stopped by the lounge?”
“Devon, please, please be nice to the new man in my life. No matter how much I love him it will never take away from the love and devotion I have for you,” I ended with a tease.
He threw his napkin across the table at me, and I tried to dodge it while laughing. I failed, and it hit me squarely in the forehead.
“What’s wrong, State, does all that sexing got your reflexes slow?”
“Hell no, just the opposite. All that sex has me as fast and nimble as a kitten. I purr, too.”
“Ewl. That was way too much information for me to know about anything you do.”
“It’s not like I told you what makes me purr.”
“That would be a lot of things, I have discovered.”
Devon’s eyes looked over my head to see who those words belonged to. Even though I knew, I still turned in my seat. I hadn’t heard him walk up, but a smile broke out on my face all the same.
“Hey, no sneaking up on us when I am divulging secrets of our sex life!” I exclaimed as I tilted my face up to meet his quick kiss on my lips.
“We are talking about you here. You are always talking about your sex life, so there are really no secrets left to tell,” Eric said with a smirk.

“This is true,” I conceded. “Devon, this is Ectain Edeck.”

Can you share your idea of the perfect Soundtrack to ‘Death Knows My Name’ with us?

I will try and narrow it down to Chapter songs and not by scene because that would be a lot.


Chapter One
Wander This World by Jonny Lang

Chapter Two
Wake Me Up by Norah Jones

Chapter three
Not Too Late by Norah Jones

Chapter Four
Pillow K. Michelle
Peppermint and Glue Sharon Little

Chapter Five
Morning After by Kalenna

Chapter Six
Broken by Norah Jones

Chapter Seven
The Darkness by Amos Lee
Last Request Paolo Nutini

Chapter Eight
I know by Dawn ft Kalenna
Wreck of The Day by Anna Nalick

Chapter Nine/Chapter Ten
Beautiful Awakening by Stacie Orrico

Chapter Eleven/Chapter Twelve
Skin by Brienne Moore
Body Party by Ciara

Chapter Thirteen/Chapter Fourteen/Chapter Fifteen
Lithium by Nirvana
Make You Feel My Love by Adele
Million Faces by Paolo Nutini

Chapter Sixteen
Wounded Soldiers by Heidi Rojas ft Jonny Lang

Chapter Seventeen
Angry by MatchBox Twenty

Chapter Eighteen/Chapter Nineteen
The Road by Emmylou Harris

Chapter Twenty
Right By Your Side James Morrison

Chapter Twenty-One/Chapter Twenty-Two
Soul’s On Fire by Anthony Hamilton

Chapter Twenty-Three
Love All Over Me by Monica

Links-

Goodreads-



Author Bio-




Casse Narome is the alter-ego of a self-proclaimed awesome weirdo who spent her childhood reading and daydreaming. As an adult that is also how she spends her time only now she writes her daydreams down for everyone to read. Casse is never serious, has been accused of wishing her life was a sitcom, laugh track and all, has a bad habit of talking out loud to herself and she is fine with being a little insane. She spends way too much time online, too much money buying books and laughing at her own jokes. You will find her on Twitter being very random and spewing her opinions. When you see her online, tell her to get back to her writing! Or just engage her in a hilarious random conversation. She blogs book reviews and the adventures of being a writer at
www.CatholicKittie.blogspot.com &www.CasseNarome.blogspot.com She is an avid tweeter www.twitter.com/catholickittie She is also on Facebook www.facebook.com/CasseNarome

Our Author Interview



What would you have done differently if you were the main character of your book?

I have a confession, I wrote Mayne (the heroine) after me. She has exaggerations of my personality and a lot more experience than me but her bravado and how she thinks is borderline narcissistic it is so me. That said, I probably would have kissed Devon a lot more, made out with Michael so I could run my fingers through his hair and not fight Eric so hard. *sweet smile*


What was your inspiration behind this book?

It started as self therapy. Mayne went through a lot more than I have but I got the idea when walking my little dog at 2 AM and heard footsteps behind me. It scared the crap out of me. I turned ready to defend my dog and myself but only saw leaves blowing across the pavement. The idea was born. What if...

Why did you become a writer?

I don’t think I made the decision to become a writer. I just have always wrote. I’d get journals for christmas and I’d fill them with stories of the people in the Alloy, Delia*s and Girlfriend LA catalogues. Even the short MoxieGirl Magalog. I also don’t have a drive or the ability to do anything else.

As a reader and writer I think it is important to get to know your fans and make a connection with them as an author who takes the extra step to hear what their fans think and want in their continued writing is continued success and key to selling more books .Do you agree with that ?

All the Indie writers I know do this. It is very important for us as small press and Indie authors. We don’t have a big company with big money behind us. I am not knocking the big six authors, I consider a lot of them my friends as well but ya know. If indies want to thrive we have to be very social. Airicka Phoenix is awesome at this, Lizzy Ford, I can really go on. I chat with a lot of Indie authors as a fan, daily. I can go down my timeline. Cameo Renae, Magan Vernon, Monique O’Connor James (I met her as a fangirl and she ended up publishing The Reborn.) I really can go on. Samantha Young, Jessica Sorensen, I will just say Indies are some of those most down to earth writers ever.



Do you have a favorite author or authors?

I do. I have too many to list them all so if I miss some I am sorry guys. Inger Iversen is one. I read Few Are Angels and I went out and cyber stalked her demanding she be my friend. Jeri Smith Ready, Victoria Dahl, Emma Petersen, Ellie James, Shannon Delany, Stacey Rourke and Niecey Roy just to name a few.


Do you like to write your books in a continuing series ?

I do because it allows me time to tell multiple stories with the same characters. I can explore the world more.



If you could date any character from any book, who would it be and why?

Dylan Fourcade from the Midnight Dragonfly series by Ellie James. I fancy myself in love with him. But I can have flings with multiple fiction boys. Every book I read, the guys take a bit of my affection.


What kinds of books do you like to read in your spare time ?

Paranormal romance of any kind rather YA, NA or adult...just yes. Any contemporary romance by Niecey Roy or Victoria Dahl because they make me laugh, have real characters and write sexy time like no other.


Do you cry  when writing sad scenes?

YES! I always cry.


Did you have a Cover Designer ?

Yes, my publishers hired them. But with my book I am self publishing I got to pick my own designer.

Who is your fictional boyfriend or girlfriend crush ?

I have a lot of them I will try and think of the most recent. Jonas from Intangible by J. Meyers and for my girl crush, most recent is Fallon Braeden from Touching Smoke by Airicka Phoenix

If you were able to dine and have a one on one with your favorite writer/author who would it be ?

Victoria Dahl. She seems awesome, I love her books and I think she wouldn’t be someone I could offend easy.
All the time. It is a comfort.


Do you ever get in a reading slump like your readers do?

I’m in one now. I go through short attention spans right before deadline. The shorter the book the better.

What is the funniest book you ever read ?


All I read is funny books but The Gryphon Series by Stacey Rourke is laugh out loud with tears in your eyes.



Links-

Publisher- 


Amazon Author Page- 





2 comments:

Unknown said...

This book sounds good! Going on the TBR list. :-)

Http://kittykatreads.blogspot.com

Casse AKA Catholic Kittie said...

Thanks for having me on your blog! I appreciate it.

I hope yall enjoy my book.

Casse xoxo