Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Book Review for Love's Second Chance ( Second Chances Book#1 ) by L.P. Dover


Love's Second Chance


Second Chances Book One

by L.P. Dover

 stars
Reviewed by: Tonya
Format:Kindle
Published:L.P. Dover

Source:Purchased Copy Genre: Contemporary Romance




About Book


Korinne Anders had it all. She had the perfect job, the perfect house, and the perfect husband. When tragedy strikes, her world takes a devastating turn. Six months after losing her husband to a car accident, Korinne vows it to herself never to love again. If she doesn’t allow another man in her heart, then there’s no reason for her to feel the pain of loss. This plan seems to work, but is put to the test when Korinne’s best friend can’t stand to see her suffering any longer.
Korinne’s long-time friend, Jenna Perry, has an idea and it involves helping her friend find the spark of life in her soul no matter what it takes. Korinne didn’t know that Jenna’s plan meant bringing back a past love, a second chance with the man that Korinne had to leave in college, but always kept a place for in her heart.
When Galen Matthews learns of Korinne’s loss and that she’s finally moved back home, he wants nothing more than to be there for her. The love he felt for Korinne years ago has never left him, and now he’s given a second chance to not only mend her heart of her loss, but to also continue the love they shared in the past. Will his love and determination make her strong enough to give fate a second chance, or will her fear of losing another love make her run away?
What will Korinne do when she’s faced with a love so powerful that no matter what she does there’s nowhere to run from it?


My Thoughts

I have always enjoyed a good romance novel from time to time. And “Loves Second Chance” is just that and so much more. Before I start let me just say if you haven’t read this book I highly recommend it and strongly urge you to have a full box of tissues with you. The emotional roller coaster you will go on within the pages of this book are truly amazing.

The main characters of the book Korinne and Galen are truly phenomenal. Who doesn’t love a knight in shining armor and that is just what Galen is to Korinne. Handsome, no sexy, has everything going for him, and there is a past there between them. He is strong and loving and kind. The book starts off very tragically for Korinne and after months of battling through it Galen comes back into her life.

When Korinne moves back home and tries to start her life again her best friend Jenna who is also married to Galen’s baby brother does what all good friends do and sets her up on a date with Galen, who Korinne dated back in college. And it starts from there, their relationship begins to fall back into place and things are looking good until Korinne has a setback. Just when Galen thinks maybe she won’t come back there she is at the airport throwing herself into his arms and what they do in the airport after wow let’s just say beats the “mile high club”. LOL

Things start looking great for Korinne and Galen when tragedy strikes. Let’s just say my heart sank and the tears were flowing. Just when I thought things couldn’t be more perfect for Korinne her life is thrown upside down and what happened to her before was happening all over again. I was sitting there thinking OMG this is so not right, this is so not fair, how in the world could the author do this to her again. Wasn’t tragedy once enough but tragedy twice. So unfair.

I don’t do spoilers so I am not going to tell you what happens with Korinne and Galen but I will tell you it was so very hard for me to read, to watch Korinne go through this again, only this time the fight was harder and longer. I cried through all of it. But out of every tragedy is always a miracle and that in itself brought the smile back to my face.

If you are like me you have no patience when you read and you want to know what happens. Well you have to have patience in this book or you will miss all the great little moments that are thrown in during Korinne and Galen’s tragedy. And I have to say I love the side characters Jenna and Brady (Galen’s brother and sister in law), they are great.

This book touches on the tragedy of loss and the ability to help another during that tragedy it is something that has always been very near and dear to my heart. I spent 10 years in the medical field during my service in the military and all my life I have always helped others. So to see this unfolding within the pages of this book touched me even more and yes for me made me love the book that much more. So very well written, the tragedy, the pain, the heart felt appreciation of one life lost and another life saved. A miracle!!!!

Yes the book has a happy turn to it, what would a romance novel be without a good turn in it. After the storm there is always a rainbow. And this story has a great rainbow. I have to say the love scenes in this book were just well phew steamy but yet tender. It adds to the happiness in the book, the whole love from tragedy story. And yes a happy ending…….

 







0 comments: