Pages

Friday, June 14, 2013

Book Review for Borderland Bride by Samantha Holt



Borderland Bride

by Samantha Holt

 stars
Reviewed by:Tonya
Format:Kindle
Published: Jupiter Garden Romance 
Source:Purchased Gene: Historical Romance



About Book

In the wilderness of 14th century Northumbria, Lady Isabel discovers just how dangerous the Borderlands can be. With the loss of her voice and her hearing, there is little hope left for her. But when a brooding knight rescues her, she vows never to become a victim again and buries the secrets of her past in the hope that those hunting her will never find her in the Borderlands.

Jake is astonished to come across the beautiful Isabel, near to death, on his brother’s lands. Bringing her back to his brother’s home, he finds himself longing for something more from the courageous woman, something that he thought he would never want again. Isabel works her way into his scarred heart and opens Jake up to loving once more. But will Isabel’s secrets destroy their bond? And with his charismatic brother, Dominic, charming her, does he even stand a chance?


My Thoughts


Beaten to within an inch of her life by a group of no good thugs, rescued by the handsome man - oh yeah who doesn't love that kind of a book. I mean come on - dark hair, dark eyes, built like a god UM HELLO - "Me, Me - Rescue Me Sweetie -- > Right Here < -- LOL" Okay, Okay this book is all that and a box of your favorite Godiva chocolates!!! What can I say, Samantha Holt really knows how to write amazing romance novels. This is the first in her "Borderland Legacy Series" and all I can say is, if this is the beginning then it is only going to get better from here and that is going to be tough because if I could I would give this book 9 Hearts - why not 10 you say - easy - he never came and rescued me. LOL

Oh the men in this book they are the finest chocolate in the world. Delicious eye candy with words and moves and looks - make a woman desire to eat an entire box of chocolate with them around. How is a woman supposed to choose? Why follow her heart of course.

Normally when I read a book I will jot down notes as I go along to help me when I am writing my reviews. But alas, this book, I couldn't put it down long enough to do that. Author Samantha Holt has done it yet again. No let me take that back, she has outdone herself with Borderland Bride.

The turmoil that Isabel and Jake go through, almost from the very start, to Isabel's just outright mean father and kidnapping by a very evil man. Jakes heartbreaking past and tough exterior to Dominic's strong character yet adorable and flirtatious ways - you immediately fall in love with each and every character. From the sweet and caring maid Winnie to James, Jake and Dominic's right hand man. They draw you into the story as each page unfolds before your eyes.

Through each page one woman changes one man, a man who vowed never to trust or love a woman again. Though after what happened to him I probably wouldn't blame him. Seeing Jake struggle to do right by Isabel, feeling unworthy to be loved by her. Seeing Dominic flirt with Isabel and set Jake on fire. And sweet Isabel longing for the love of one man while running from her past.

Jakes, strong, rugged, handsome and haunted by his past throughout the entire story, it's so sad to learn of what he went through. He is a very strong man, yet haunted by a past that he just cant quite move on from and struggles between a passion and a love for Isabel to sticking to the "women are evil and not to be trusted". But Jake has a heart that needs mending - Jake he is the forever guy.

Dominic his half brother and lord of the land. He is handsome, funny and a complete flirt "ladies man". He would be so much fun to date. He loves to get under his brother's skin - on purpose no less. I loved it. He had me laughing throughout the entire story with his comments and moves. A definite skirt chaser this one.

However, I did not like Isabel's father one bit. That man set me on fire and made my skin crawl. A woman should never fear her father and a woman should never be a piece of property to be bartered with. No wonder she ran.

I fell in love with Isabel from the very start. A woman in the borderlands fighting for her life. Wanting to be free and to love freely of her choosing. To buck the norm and go against what is typically tradition. To be free from her fathers will to foist her into a marriage with an evil, hateful, abusing man. To be free, be herself, fall in love. I mean isn't that what ever girl dreams of, what ever woman deserves?

Jake and Dominic, okay I can't talk about them enough, I mean who wouldn't fall for them. What are my thoughts on both of them you ask? Here is what I told a friend of mine. Dominic is flirty, funny, charming and absolutely adorable. Perfect for that tumble in the sheets, dating and fun times. But Jake, oh sweet Jake, talk about taking your breath away. Tall, dark, handsome, amazing body, brooding yet strong. Yes that is what I am talking about. He is the type you fall for, the all in for life type. Entire heart in. Yeah I think Isabel and I are going to have to fight over Jake - LOL!!!

Oh one more thing - you need tissue - make sure you have a box handy because there are some parts in this story that had me bawling. But there is also plenty of laughter and very happy moments. - PREFECTO!!!









0 comments: