Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

Highlander Most Wanted (The Montgomerys and Armstrongs #2) by Maya Banks



Highlander Most Wanted  

(The Montgomerys and Armstrongs #2)

by

5 stars
Reviewed by: Angels
Format:Kindle
Published: Ballentine Books
Source:  Netgallery Genre: Historical Romance


About Book

In Highlander Most Wanted, a reclusive woman content to live in the shadows shows a Highland warrior the true meaning of love.

Genevieve McInnes is locked behind the fortified walls of McHugh Keep, captive of a cruel laird who takes great pleasure in ruining her for any other man. Yet when Bowen Montgomery storms the gates on a mission of clan warfare, Genevieve finds that her spirit is bent but not broken. Still, her path toward freedom remains uncertain. Unable to bear the shame of returning to a family that believes her dead or to abandon others at the keep to an imposing new laird, Genevieve opts for the peaceful life of an abbess. But Bowen’s rugged sensuality stirs something deep inside her that longs to be awakened by his patient, gentle caress—something warm, wicked, and tempting.

Bowen seizes his enemy’s keep, unprepared for the brooding and reclusive woman who captures his heart. He’s enchanted by her fierce determination, her unusual beauty, and her quiet, unfailing strength. But wooing her will take more than a seasoned seducer’s skill. For loving Genevieve, he discovers, means giving her back the freedom that was stolen from her—even if it means losing her forever.





My Thoughts

I have been reading this series for some time and I am totally enjoying it ! I have so say that this story has touched my heart made me cry so many times throughout this story. This is one of the best books that I have read this year.It was such an emotional read.The characters were riveting  .

Bowen Montgomery storms the gates of McHugh gates to right a wrong done to his sister in-law.Upon the siege he encounters Genevieve and so the story begins.I have to say that after reading this story Bowen is my favorite Montgomery brother. The Montgomery men were a breed of there own.During times of unrest it is so out of character for the men to have feelings so I found Bowen to be sweet and refreshing.


The Montgomery men were raised to protect there women and to aid those who weaker and cannot fend for themselves.Genevieve McInnes is a victim of the McHugh's as well has the Montgomery's sister my marriage.Genevieve was made a prisoner and has endure such a life that most would have not been able to survive but, with the Montgomery and the Armstrong's arrival she sees perhaps freedom coming her way if she can just convince them to let her go to the nearest abbey.


I have to say that I had many favorite characters in this story strong and caring men from both the Montgomery and Armstrong clan men.I loved them all.I however,fell totally in love with Bowen the first moment he showed any kindness to Genevieve and decided to become  her champion ! I was toast right then and there !.


The more I read medieval romances the more I am glad I was never born during that time.Most men of that time period were just so barbaric so this read was a treat to find men who respected women and saw them as just more than a vessel.I saw there women fight beside there men. (grin)As most stories goes when one is a love story the path is never and easy one....


Reading this story about Genevieve and Bowen I thought I was going to go through a box of tissues.I love a story were a warrior becomes a champion for one in need.Genevieve surprised me the most throughout this story and how she coped with her surroundings and with the total hatred of the entire McHugh clan of women who beat her down with words and actions at every turn yet she champions the clan who has all but turn there back on her the one wronged her !Genevieve proved to be a little warrior herself one who you could look up to as a role model.She had a such a loving  and caring person her story was so heart wrenching making my heart break at every word I read.I was rooting for a happily ever after for her from page one.

Bowen amazed me at every turn with his actions and caring.He went on a mission to kill and man and take over his clan in righting a wrong that was done to his Laird and brother.He never expected a playboy like himself to fall for a women like Genevieve.But, his loyalty will be tested and life changing decisions made he might gain all or lose all in one swoop!Bowen was sent on this mission but, I think fate intervened as he was the only one who would be able to mend the broken Genevieve along with giving him the one true love of his life one that would not be easy to seduce and conquer so easily but one worth fighting for!


There was so much going on in the pages of this story to keep you glued.Twists and turns and danger lurking at every turn for this couple .They will need the alliance of both the clan of Montgomery and Armstrong to face the dangers ahead of them if they are going to survive as someone wants them dead!This read was a touching story and one of great sacrifice making it truly amazing story.


I recommended read to all.Be sure to put this series into your to read pile along with this current installment.This book goes into my favorite reads pile and will be read more than once before this year is out....















0 comments: