Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Book Review forTattoo (Take It Off #7) by Cambria Hebert


Tattoo
Take It of # 7

By: Cambria Herbert
 stars
Reviewed by:Tonya
Format:Kindle
Published: Cambria Herbert
Source:Purchased Gene: New Adult Romance


Blurb

***This is a new adult contemporary novel and contains sexual content and graphic language. It is not intended for young adult readers.***

A tattoo gets them in trouble… He will get them out.

After years of cultivating an undercover identity, Brody West is finally off the case and free to live a life of his own. All that time spent in the company of criminals and killers left him a little jaded… and with an identity crisis. He isn’t sure who he is anymore, or who he wants to be.

To give him time to think, he takes a few days off to go fishing. On his way out of town, he makes a routine stop at the bank and finds himself flirting with the girl behind the counter. 

But his flirtation is cut short when criminals burst into the bank and shoot her right before his eyes. 

In attempt to administer first aid, Brody reveals a tattoo on his upper arm. A mark that will drag him and the girl into the kind of situation he was trying to get away from. But he can’t walk away because he’s the only thing capable of keeping Taylor alive and bringing down the guys who shot her—guys who are seriously dangerous.


h
 


Our Review

Well what can I say another amazing read Cambria - you never fail to amaze me with your stories, I can't lie I think Tattoo has become my favorite one to date I am down right in love with Brody West. WOW the man just oozes sex but more than that, this hardened undercover cop with nothing really to live for has his world turned upside down by the spit fire red head Taylor. It didn't take long for these two to start generating sparks with each other, even under the worst of circumstances. 

"You're an ass," I said when he pulled away the needle and covered the puncture with a small square of gauze.

"I don't deny it." He agreed, dropping the needle beside us and swooping in, taking me off guard yet again.

This time his lips didn't graze mine. They didn't taunt my senses. His mouth latched onto mine as if he were a seed and my lips were enriched soil, giving him a place to settle, a place to bloom and grow.

Sadly, I didn't have much experience in the kissing department, but even so, I didn't have time to be nervous or self-conscious. It was like his mouth knew exactly where to go, exactly how to move against mine to draw out exactly the response he wanted.

And the response was nothing short of devastating.

He might have been the one in control, yet I felt like everything he did was entirely about me.



Oh phew, fanning self, this was only the first of many scenes to come, and this is the mildest everyone lol so just thought I would for warn you - the steam these two generate is enough to run a sauna for sure. Brody is tough, he has never cared about anyone before, the job he did was dangerous, so he pulled away from everyone in his life, to keep them safe he told himself, but after years of what he did, you could tell after meeting Taylor he was questioning spending his life alone, but at the same time willing to give up the first time ever feeling this way, all to keep the girl safe. :) so swoonworthy. 

I could not put this book down as a matter of fact I took the entire day off, yes me, I woke up this morning, opened up my kindle, sat in the recliner and other than to fill my drink or make a snack I never stopped reading, I couldn't put the book down, I had to know what happened next, would he save the girl, would he get them out of the situation they were in, would the bad guy get what he had coming to him, would Brody get the girl, would Taylor break through his tough exterior. 


"Thank you," she whispered, drawing me out of my internal musings.

"For what?"

She lifted her head and looked up at me. God, I loved the way she looked at me. Like I F******* hung the moon or something. "For being here," she whispered. The side of her lip curved upward. "And for being so amazingly warm."

I tucked a strand of scarlet hair behind her ear and kissed her temple. "Drink your girly ass drink," I replied, gruff, handing her the bottle of purple Gatorade.

I leaned my head against the wall, thinking about how ape-shit crazy I was. This was a shitty, dangerous situation. I was supposed to be on vacation right now, not patching up bullet wounds with stolen medical supplies.

Even so, there wasn't anywhere else I would rather be.



See what I mean, come on, what girl would not fall for a guy like that, I mean hero through and through, but tender and caring. I love when a tough and rough guy can be cracked by the opposite sex. And Taylor does that, she cracks away at the huge wall Brody had built over the years from his dangerous seedy job. 

This story is a very fast read, it never slows down, it never disappoints, it brings you into Brody's world and his fight to keep Taylor out of it and safe from it. It also shows you that there is that one person who can open your eyes and make you rethink how you have thought and lived. Taylor is that catalyst for Brody. I love the chemistry these two have. I love that Brody stands up to her father (Loved how much her dad protected his daughter - that was endearing). Brody is a no nonsense, lay it on the line, don't back down from anyone or anything, tough, rough, cop. Taylors dad is a rich and powerful man that gets his way and always scares off the guys (poor Taylor lol) and Brody stands up to him. 

Oh FYI ladies the bathroom-bedroom scene - yeah turn your AC really low, turn your fan on really high, get the ice cubes because WOW!!!!!!! That is one hot, steamy, sexy, amazing scene - that is all I am going to say about that. (Oh the stairs scene towards the end - yeah pretty damned hot too!!!!) 

Again Cambria - job well done - I can't wait to read the next Take It Off book.





0 comments: