Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Review for Promise of Punishment by Tara Gallina







Wes
They say monsters are made, not born.
They’re right.

Cruelty came from my father. Survival came from the girl who healed me when I was meant to die. She was a glimmer in the darkness, then she betrayed me. Or so I was told.

Now she’s standing in front of me, a grown woman with haunted eyes and a hatred for me I don’t understand.

She doesn’t know I’m the man behind the mask, bringing her desires to life. She doesn’t know I own her world.

I was once saved by an angel, and I failed her. This time, I’ll keep my promise and reveal who I truly am.
Even if it makes her hate me more.

Grab your copy!

https://a.co/d/0hVMn3pm



This is Wes and Fable's tale of hardships, love, betrayals, and beautiful friendships. This is a brand-new author for us. We did not plan to read this title because we thought it would end up as another bdsm club style book, and these books get boring fast over time, but we were pleasantly surprised by what the plot offered, and we enjoyed this couple's story after all. Wes and Fable's story was heartbreaking; they met in a secret garden, but we felt they had forged an unbreakable bond through a betrayal by others that would be unforgivable. As the years passed, both Wes and Fable still hurt from betrayal. Plot afoot, they were just pawns in a very twisted game. Wes searched for answers to learn why the girl who had saved him all those years ago had nothing but hate toward him. Wes was easy to love; even after what he thought was betrayal, he hoped to find the girl who had saved his life to make sure she was living happily, but found something far from anything he had ever envisioned. Fable was a strong character, a girl with a not-so-easy life that got harder after saving a boy she found in a secret garden years ago. Those years were hard to endure, but she finally found a place to work that would give her room to breathe. The plot was intriguing and came with a range of emotions. Long-time friendships that stand the test of time and have your back. I loved the intriguing way the couple reunited. Both were drawn to each other; neither knew who was behind the mask. The plot had me engaged from the very first chapter. This kept me engrossed to the bitter end. The characters were great. I loved how Wes fought back and succeeded in creating a life that would allow him to avenge the betrayals done to them all those years ago, and it also allowed him to follow through with a promise once made. In the end, I loved how everything came together. From the beginning, you hoped that years later both Wes and Fable would meet again, as it seemed this couple was fated to come together once again. I kept rooting for them, thinking they would make a beautiful couple when the time was right. Both suffered in their own ways, but love, forgiveness, and healing helped them embrace the life they desired, with a beautiful surprise as a bonus to complete their happily ever after.

Meet Tara Gallina:

Tara Gallina writes across various romance genres, from new adult and college to small town and fantasy. While most of her books are steamy, she's also penned a few sweeter titles.

Her stories blend angst, tormented heroes, a hint of humor, and the occasional tear. Many of her books come alive through settings inspired by her travels.

When she's not writing, she loves to visit gardens, New England in the fall, European castles, and Caribbean beaches. She has a fairy garden, a Lady Lair for writing, favors the color pink, and only drinks wine that tastes like melted sugar.

She lives in the Sunshine State with her husband, where she raised her two sons who are now adults. Her writing journey began in 2014 when she signed with a literary agent for a young adult retelling. Since then, she's moved on to publishing steamy romances and hasn't looked back.

To find out about Tara Gallina’s upcoming releases and giveaways, sign up for her newsletter here

For more information on Tara Gallina and her books visit: https://www.taragallina.com/

Connect with Tara Gallina:

https://www.taragallina.com/about-me


Hosted By:



0 comments: