Caught Offsides by Gina Azzi
Niko Karas is a walking distraction.
Greek god looks. Rising soccer star status. A body built for sin and stadium lights.
Unfortunately for me, he’s also the face of the sport-luxe campaign I’m overseeing.
I know athletes. As the younger sister of a soccer legend, I understand the pressure, the obsession, the sacrifice. Soccer always comes first.
Honestly, that works for me.
I’m not looking for forever. I haven’t been on a date in four months, and I haven’t let anything get serious in six years—not after the last man who promised to stay walked away when I needed him most.
So one night with Niko should be the perfect kind of reckless. Fun, easy, and temporary. He’s a notorious player who’s never committed to anything but the game, and I’m a woman with a career to protect and a heart I don’t let anyone touch.
He’s moving to Germany. I’m building my life in New York.
And no strings means no consequences.
Until I find out I’m pregnant.
Now my career is hanging by a thread, my life is changing faster than I can keep up with, and the one man I never planned to need is thousands of miles away.
Niko Karas was supposed to be one unforgettable night.
A Sweet Surprise Baby Story from the League Valencia Series
In this delightful installment of the League Valencia series, Ms. Azzi weaves a heartfelt romance anchored by a sweet surprise pregnancy and a tender small reverse age gap. The story centers on Bianca, an independent and resilient woman navigating bustling New York City life in a job she loves, and Niko Karas, a warm, caring rising soccer star caught in transit between Chicago and Germany, where he will be living with his new teammates. What makes this plot especially noteworthy is its grounded emotional core and the genuine chemistry between a couple that quickly became one of my favorites in the series so far. We loved Biana and Niko, filled with warmth and soul, and a cast of wonderful characters that was so supportive of this couple's journey. For readers who appreciate character-driven romance with emotional depth and a balance of realism and warmth, this story hits the mark beautifully. Bianca stands out as a fully realized protagonist who manages to balance vulnerability with strength. Having endured significant personal loss and grown accustomed to standing on her own, her journey toward embracing unexpected love and impending motherhood is handled with sensitivity and respect. Niko’s character is equally compelling, a passionate Greek-American surrounded by a close-knit family who provides a rich backdrop to his personality. His wholehearted acceptance of the news about the baby and dedication to supporting Bianca throughout their long-distance relationship feel refreshingly sincere and well-earned. The pacing never feels rushed, even as the story progresses through pivotal moments like the accidental pregnancy and the challenges of distance and commitment. What I appreciated most was the honest, heartfelt emotional reactions from both characters, sidestepping melodrama for something more authentic and relatable. The interplay of their individual struggles alongside the blossoming relationship. Ms. Azzi also sprinkles in thoughtful worldbuilding—especially through cultural details like Niko’s Greek-American family dynamics and Bianca’s career ambitions in the fashion industry—that enrich the story without overwhelming it. The mention of the Valencia marketplace teased in the series adds an inviting layer of escapism that I found myself eager to explore, reflecting a well-tuned series universe that invites readers to stay invested beyond just one couple’s tale. Overall, this plot is a standout for its authentic characters, heartfelt, and the tender depiction of love blossoming under unexpected circumstances. I’m genuinely excited to continue following the League Valencia series and discover what lies ahead for the other characters introduced here. This story not only captured my heart but also sparked a curiosity to visit Valencia’s evocative marketplace, blending romance and wanderlust in the best possible way. For anyone who relishes a well-crafted romance with depth and warmth, it’s a must-read that lingers pleasantly long after the final page.

%20(1)%20(2)%20(2)%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)%20(3)%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)%20(1).png)




.jpg)







.gif)
0 comments:
Post a Comment