Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2022

Release Blast for CEASE FIRE by Marie James

 Release Date: April 7


Making something off-limits will always make that thing more appealing. 

Jules Warren, my sister’s best friend, was no different. 

She has been the leading lady in every fantasy I’ve had since I was a teenager. 

There was no way I was turning her down when she invited me to her room. 

Those fantasies? They had nothing on the real thing. 

I was given the weekend to make my dreams come true. 

The ramifications, however, will last a lifetime. 

Keeping a secret is one thing. 

Living with the lies is impossible.

Grab Your Copy Here!

Loved this one! Loved Kit already, so we were hoping he would be the next to fall amongst these hot and sexy men, at Blackbridge Security.

They way the story left off on the previous book and started a new here, our heart was already breaking for Kit as it seemed he would not be getting that happily ever after with his dream girl after all.

We loved Kit for his patience and kindness, and he knew when to push and retreat when it came to Jules, but, it was looking more and more like the man needed to be the Alpha outside the bedroom as well as within it. My heart broke for Kit, it seemed the man never caught a break or even had a chance to claim is woman before it was already over.

Oh, Jules, where to start with you, we really wanted to call you a shellfish bitc* for the choices you made perhaps you were just misguided, and your ill-conceived plan not thoroughly thought out because deep down you are a good people, and we hated seeing you as a villain in this story. You are playing with fire, girl, hope you don't get burned. Desperate times call for desperate measures and all that jazz, just hoping she is strong enough to deal with the consequences when all is said and done. 

The story was full of complications betrayals and lies and deceit and heartbreak but, there was also fire and flame and searing chemistry amongst its characters. Fan worthy sex scenes that were hotter the hel*!

We understood Jules misgivings when it came to Kit and her best friend but, her poor decisions were going to effect multiple lives, and we felt like saying just put, your big girl pants on and tell the truth before it's too late to latch on to that happily ever after you so secretly crave.

We felt Jules and Kit were perfect for one another as they already had friendship and love and chemistry and years of friendship behind them, it was just Jules irrational fears holding them back for what they could be. 

Overall, this story is filled with all the messy bits called life. This is the kind of story where love is tested! We have to say that we were rooting for Kit all the way, so hoping he could make his lifelong crush his once and for all. Kit deserved to be happy. We loved this emotional tale that goes straight to the heart of the reader. Puff Daddy as always you never fail to make us laugh. The cast of characters is just awesome! We can't wait for the next adventure to begin!




Meet Marie James


Let's see...where to begin...

I'm inching up on the BIG 4-0. The gray hairs are doubling what seems like daily, and the wrinkles and laugh lines are more pronounced than ever.

I have an amazing husband (Married just over 15 years.)

We have two boys we're doing our best to raise as respectful gentleman.

I have a master's degree in criminal justice, which I used to work as a juvenile probation office until deciding to write full-time in June of 2019. So that means there's usually always some criminal/law element to my novels.

If I'm not writing; I'm reading.

My favorite genres recently are bully/reverse harem and enemies to lovers. Maybe I'm reliving my traumatic teen years through the girls who actually end up with the boys. (Not that I would change my history, since it's gotten me exactly where I need to be!)

I love coffee. I miss carbs. Music is LIFE. I try not to be too serious.

Connect with Marie James


Hosted By

0 comments: