Friday, October 9, 2020

Book Review for Carrera Cartel by Cora Kenborn








The Carrera Cartel : A Dark Mafia Romance Collection by  Cora Kenborn


  • File Size : 2156 KB
  • Publication Date : October 1, 2020
  • Print Length : 1291 pages
  • Publisher : Twisted Publishing (October 1, 2020)
  • Word Wise : Enabled
  • Language: English
  • ASIN : B08J3L1W91
  • Gene: Dark Mafia Romance 
  • arc provided for an honest review
  • 5 stars from us



Delve into the dark. The Carreras are waiting... Do you dare?


From USA Today bestselling author Cora Kenborn comes three full-length dark mafia romance novels from the Carrera Cartel Trilogy and Stained White Lines, an explosive brand new bonus novel, ONLY available in the collection. 


Blurred Red Lines
Carrera.
A word whispered in fear and respect. A name to avoid at all costs. 
Until I see something I shouldn't and come face-to-face with it.
Abducted. Held against my will. A prisoner of a war I know nothing about.
But my kidnapping is more than a case of mistaken identity, and my captor is more than a stranger.
He's the heir to the devil.

Faded Gray Lines
I never meant to start a war.
Then I fell for the boy my mother warned me about.
A soulless killer for the Carrera Cartel.
We were the virgin and the villain. The debutante and the devil.
He swore we'd end in ruin. I swore love would conquer all.
I was wrong.

Drawn Blue Lines
Brody Harcourt exposed me as a fraud, turning me from a queen into a pariah. 
Now there will be hell to pay.
But I'm back for more than revenge. More than blood. 
My eye is on the prize.
The Carrera throne. 

Stained White Lines
Every great rivalry has a beginning.
Ours was my sister’s wedding.
An event that masked the joining of empires.
Betrayal changed everything.
Carrera. Santiago.
One bullet started a war. 
Two stained our history red. 
I first have to say that this is a brand-new author for us and that we really enjoyed our first read by them.

For me at the beginning, I kept putting the book down and picking it up again because It was taking me forever to get into the book not sure why but, at first I wasn't digging the characters but, I am glad I stuck with it because I couldn't be more wrong the characters ended up being amazing.

The story itself was intriguing and had tons of drama and a bit of a mystery to solve and one that never had a dull moment and things were never what it seemed as well as who all the players were because most of them turned out were downright evil.

If being honest I think the women who leaped to be with the men and the lives they lead were the real heroes of the 
stories and that made it a whole lot more interesting, and they were smart, protective, determined, and strong and went to all costs to protect the ones they loved and God forgives anyone who got in their way of doing so.

Eden was a character you instantly loved because she had spunk and was sassy and lived her life on her own terms and was one mouthy bitch.

Leighton on the other hand had a lot of the same qualities as Eden but, she wasn't as vocal she did her dealings in secret and behind the scenes, and she was smart jugging the things she needed to in order to keep everyone safe that she loved above all else and that included herself.

Arianna aka Marisol was a force to be reckoned and being caught between two worlds and a whole web of lies she was determined to reign as Queen once again.

The men of these stories were hot, dangerous, possessive and the sexual chemistry they had with their women explosive and their sexual conquests super hot and fan worthy!

 These men were downright scary and hard and dangerous and the world they lived in fraught with danger and death and power plays and destruction and full of betrayals but, somehow they found women strong enough to love them and to navigate their dangerous world making the men seem somewhat human, and they loved them back just as fiercely as they did them and would lay down their lives for each and every one of them and vice versa.


Overall I found the stories and series to be awesome. I loved the characters and with each book, it just kept getting better and better with each story. The stories had so much suspense and intrigue and violence and darkness that it kept you on the edge the entire time and once I was all in the stories kept me glued to the pages to the bitter end.


Grab Your Copy Here:


Meet Cora Kenborn

Cora Kenborn is a USA Today Bestselling author who writes in multiple genres from dark and gritty romantic suspense to laugh-out-loud romantic comedy. 

Known for her sharp banter and shocking blindsides, Cora pushes her characters and readers out of their comfort zones and onto an emotional roller coaster before delivering a twisted happily ever after.


Cora believes there's nothing better than a feisty heroine who keeps her alpha on his toes, and she draws inspiration from the sassy country women who raised her. However, since the domestic Southern Belle gene seems to have skipped a generation, she spends any free time convincing her family that microwaving Hot Pockets counts as cooking dinner.

Oh, and autocorrect thinks she's obsessed with ducks.



Connect with Cora Kenborn






0 comments: