Pages

Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Book Review for His Lady by Leah Sharelle Wounded Souls Series, Book Four




Title: His Lady
Series: Wounded Souls Series, Book Four
Author: Leah Sharelle
Genre: MC/Former Soldier Romance
Release Date: August 30, 2018
Provided by Angels With Attitude Book Reviews
Arc copy provided by honest review
5 stars from us
A place without you, Lady, ain’t anywhere I want to be.
I love you, Rainn.
MANNIX
Mannix Steel lives by one rule—loyalty always.
It helped him through one hellish deployment where he lost an eye, friends died, and his twin lost his leg. Worst of all, he lost his family. The Wounded Souls’ enforcer decided life was easier without letting his heart make the decisions. That’s why the club’s sexy dancer is perfect for him, no strings, no promises, and no heartache. At least, that’s what he thought, but when Rainn goes missing, Mannix realises she means much more to him.
RAINN
As the spotlight dancer for the Wounded Souls’ strip club, Body and Souls, Rainn Storm knows how to use her body. She is a woman who is strong, independent—and deeply in love with the club’s rough-around-the-edges enforcer, Mannix. They have been in an open relationship for years, but that’s not enough for her now—especially since she has a secret that could destroy everything she has with her lover.
Will Mannix and Rainn ever see eye to eye on their relationship? Or will the dangerous Rogue destroy it for them?




First off let us say this is a new series and author for us and we have to say that we loved the first book in this new amazing series and each and every book that came after.

I loved what this club stood for and the members who were part of the MC club. We often take for granted the sacrifices our soldiers make for us to keep us safe and the he** they go through and the long effects they have to live with. For us, I am eternally grateful for all they do to keep us safe. This Club was created for a team of ex-military soldiers and the men they served with. I loved the support system that this club had for each and every member as well as the former soldiers to come it was a place for them to feel like they belonged and had purpose. What I loved most though as they had the right people to cope with the nightmares, PTSD, mood swings, etc to help them make it through the day. This really was such a touching story that it definitely touched your heart and is not a story that you would be forgetting anytime soon.

I really enjoyed this latest installment in this ongoing series. Rainn she was just the bomb! She is the perfect mix of soft and Hard. Omg! Did this gal give us a ton of laughs throughout the story?

Rainn has been one of my favorite characters throughout the series she was just a hoot and a fresh of breath air. I loved that she was a tell-it-like-it-is girl. I loved that she was a sexual creature comfortable in her own skin. I loved how she was the go-to gal for advice, sexual or otherwise and I loved how she went about dishing that advice out. LOL, I found Rainn to be the leader of their little flock of all the old ladies. The story was filled with so much love as well as brought us tons of laughs especially when all the girls got together and then all He** broke loose.

  My favorite scene with Rainn in it would have to be teaching the girls to lap dance.

"I laughed so hard it brought tears to my eyes!"


Rainn was the perfect match for Mannix as he was a very hard man and also a very broken one but, when she was near him he seem to be softer somehow.

Rainn for me was a no-nonsense type of gal who will never take any crap from anyone and that goes from Mannix to and will always stand up and go toe to toe with him each and every time yet, she will be the one and only to pierce that armor of his. I love that Rainn makes Mannix feel things whether he admits she affects him or not. I love that Rainn's hard exterior beats the heart of a loving and caring and compassionate woman. I also found her to be tough, funny, sexy, and always had an upbeat personality that affected all those around her.

I found Mannix to be passionate and protective of those he loved and cared about. Mannix was broken from the inside out and it was more than what the war did to him it was life's betrayals as well. I loved how he softened every time he was around Rainn. I loved how Rainn was always in his thoughts. I loved that Rainn was slowly healing him and his wounded soul by just being who she was. Mannix reminded me of a sexy pirate who I would not mind taking part in my own fantasies .lol Mannix was a take-charge kind of guy and I loved that about him as it made him sexy in my eyes!

~Favorite quote~

Quote-“Rainn, babe, the day you walked into my strip club and demanded I give you a job, you mesmerized me. The night we made love for the first time, you bewitched me. 


In this story things heated up quite a bit as it became more suspenseful and more dangerous but, the stakes were upped because the men had even more to lose this time around. The story kept you engrossed and turning the pages to the very end. I loved the suspense but, most of all I loved the amazing characters that the story had for us to enjoy and fall in love with.


I loved the story from cover to cover. We loved that the story was about love, healing, rebirth and finally finding the right person to give you the happiness that you rightly deserved. I loved seeing Mannix happy it brought joy to my heart especially after he lived in the dark for so long. I also loved seeing him reemerge into the living once again.

Mannix and Rainn made an explosive couple both volatile and loved and fought the same way. As you can imagine they burned up the sheets!
Omg! Did this couple create some major fireworks together?"Fanning Myself"

Can you say Hot Hot and Hotter?

Some of Mannix's secret thoughts of Rainn

Quote - "The woman made sex look and feel like a sensual dance."

Quote- "Rainn from behind had been a favorite go-to, as well."

Quote- "She was a nymph who, basically, cast her spell over me."

Quote- "Another thing Rainn and I shared, other than explosive sex, was explosive tempers."

Quote- "Moody temper, sweet nature, sassy, and anything else she decided to throw at me in the future just as long as she was with me."


This story as well as the series is emotionally engaging and I really love that story as one minute your laughing the next crying. I love that you feel connected to these characters. For me, they are all my favorites whether it's the men or women as they all have great personalities as well as their quirks that we love so much!


Awesome read! Recommended read to All!

A personal note: This is a series that needs to be read in order and although the story does not end on a cliffhanger all the books are connected by one common thread and are an ongoing story all the way to the conclusion of the series. I personally read the series all at once and I am glad I did because the moment I finished one book I started onto the next.







I love the idea of being in love. Since my early teens when I first discovered Silhouette Desire novels my life has been all about reading. I would find myself re-writing scenes if I wasn't happy with them and hiding them under my bed. That led me to writing love stories of my own. They all ended up under the bed and are still there, and there they will stay. I don't do angst, in fact it drives me crazy. 

I am a mum of three beautiful girls, Australian, and have what most say is a weird sense of humor.

I spend my free time doing movie, Sons of Anarchy, and Friends marathons. And reading.
I love Pina Colada's and getting caught in the rain..... there's that weird humor.










0 comments: