Pages

Friday, August 24, 2018

Book Review for Pawn by Kerri Ann Broken Bows MC Duet #2



Title: Pawn
Series: Broken Bows MC Duet #2
Author: Kerri Ann
Genre: MC Romance
Release Date: August 23, 2018
Reviewed by Angels With Attitude Book Reviews
Arc copy
4 stars
I escaped hell. I was free.
I thought I could go back to normal.
I can’t.
Right now normal hurts.
I’ve seen things—done things—I’m not the same girl I was.
It changed me—he changed me.
The bar is locked up. The Horsemen clubhouse is no place for me, and I don’t belong anywhere that feels familiar.
I’m alone. I’m broken.
The only thing that feels right is my pain.
Our club is in ruins. It's left me at the helm.
Twists and turns took me down this path that lead to further destruction, and I know King had orchestrated it all.
Thing is, I’m no one’s pawn.
The club is all I have, and King won’t take us down. We'll play this out our way.
One way or another, he’ll pay for the damage to us, to them, to her…

Let's starts off by saying this is a new author for us and I am not sure if she is to my liking or not but , we will see...

I am not sure if I am having issues with the author herself or the series itself.I will say that  the author has at-least enticed me enough to continue reading the series.

Still not liking Busta as a character he is now romantically involved with Obi."
I am not feeling it !"

My mind at this point is clinging to the fact that in the last book Busta imprisoned her treated her poorly and he was going to sell you as a sex worker as well as let his brother rape her and now your involved with this same man that did all these things? Did Busta redeem himself by intervening in her and Jazzy's fate ?, we will have to wait and see...

At this point Obi and Busta becoming involved she doesn't know that he had a hand in changing her fate and this is where my issues start.The being drawn to the dark and dangerous I understand and even the feeling the chemistry toward one another that is not always of your choosing I understand that to but, did you really just swept everything that happened up to this point under a rug?

Moving on I have to keep telling myself this is a book of fiction...

Obi is still my favorite character regardless of her choice in men and but, in reality they were perfect for one another and seem to be perfectly matched for one another.

Who am I to stand in the way of love....


Getting past my issues and  now getting to know more about the characters themselves and I am now feeling better that they are willing to make big changes in the club once that take care of one last piece of business.The book starts to get interesting and intense with secrets coming to life things start heating up and then they start to unravel the good and the bad I am totally glued to the page to the very end to see how it all play's out.

I will say as the story progressed we saw that there was a whole lot more to Busta then meets the eye.His own secrets are coming out and tons of drama occurring all around him and he methodically address each hit with ease.He is smarter than he looks and he is slowly redeeming himself....


I will say the plot this time around kept my interest and that is always a plus in my book and I like how the entire plot unfolded and played out and I thoroughly enjoyed these surprises we didn't see coming.

4 stars from us
as  the story deserved it despite my personal issues with it.


My  final thoughts...

I am having a hard time connecting with the characters in this series and this has been hard for me.The only character's that I liked at all where Obi and Jazzy.After this story things might change.I have  know problem with a main character that you have a love/hate relationship with but , at some point I want to be able to like a character at-least.I love reading books that emotionally engage you and I am not feeling any of that.Jazzy and Obi make me laugh that's true.Even the romance between Obi and Busta relationship was just about sex in the beginning but , when things changed between them I never felt they were really connected on an emotional level.I really missed that as I love rooting for character's when opposites attract but, wonder how they will make it work...



Let's just say that this book was not for me at all.I had so many personal issues with the story itself  for me to enjoy it. 

We can't love them all but ,I will post my thoughts in a another post as my issues can't be explained without spoilers..


Rook aka previously published as Envy

I will say that after reading this story about True & Kyden's story I was emotionally involved to the very end.This was such a heart wrenching tale to touch one's heart.

True was another MC member that I despised from the very beginning of meeting him so his actions and misdeeds in this story were no big surprise to me.

All ready despising True's character I didn't think he could sink any lower ."He did!" Tormenting your brother who is a priest! Your a very sick man indeed....

Kydem was a character that your heart bleed for from the very beginning of the story,You understood the demons that he carried within.Before entering the Priesthood he was not a good man but, he choose to redeem himself and save his soul and along the way tried the best he could to save others that were just like him.

Poor Kyden was never able to out run his demons whether personally ones or family ones because his brother would never let him escape his past and my heart broke even more for him.

The story really gripped your emotions ! I enjoyed getting the 411 on these characters.Although True was not a character I liked we gained a lot of insight to why he was the way he was.He was beyond redeemable in my eyes.

The story was pack with a ton of emotion and drama as well as heartbreak that kept you glued to the pages to the very end.We really enjoyed it!

4 stars from us




                                                 
With an avaricious appetite for stories, Kerri Ann can be found quite often with her nose in a book or writing it. On many occasion it has been said that she's in her own world, living in the stories of those she reads about, giving them a life they deserve. She can easily be found under a tree in the shade, or reclining at Starbucks scribbling notes about new stories and new characters, all while keeping the coffee chain in business. Whether late at night, at a music festival, or sitting on a ski lift, when the thoughts arise, Kerri Ann will add them to those in progress. So be wary, your antics could be in her next book.

You may find us here !






0 comments: