Pages

Monday, October 2, 2017

Review for Rough and Rich by Hayley Faiman



Title: Rough and Rich
Series: Notorious Devils #6
Author: Hayley Faiman
Genre: MC Romance
Release Date: September 25, 2017
Reviewed by: Angels With Attitude Book Reviews
Kindle Edition
Arc copy for honest review
5 stars


Imogen Caroline Stewart-Huntington hasn’t always been a rich bitch, her sunshine blotted out by her husband’s need to soar.
Sloane McKinley Huntington III hasn’t always been a Devil, but the brotherhood was his ride to the next best high—a vice he couldn’t shake, until he didn’t have a choice.
Now, three years sober, he sees with clear eyes. Free from the shackles of prison, all he wants is a second chance, his sights set on one woman—his wife.
Imogen knows that money can’t buy love—but when the rough man who stole her heart barges back into her life, she can’t help but question if perhaps forgiveness will.




We have found another amazing author who writes MC romance books to feed our addiction and we are loving her current series so far.


This story was one that was a bit of and emotional roller coaster for the characters as well as the readers.I have to say that this story effected my heart as I really felt the pain that Imogene/Gennie was experiencing and it broke my heart.This story dealt with a lot of issues that many marriages and families experience even today.

I really enjoyed the characters Soar/Sloan and Imogene/Gennie and they we easy to get to know and become attached to.I have to say that Soar was not a favorite of mine at the beginning of the story but, he slowly started redeeming himself throughout the story and we started to warm up to him bit by bit.

This couple marriage was a train wreck and had you thinking that there was no hope at all for them.I have to admit that I always secretly root for my characters to find everything they are looking for like love happiness and forgiveness and even revenge but, this is the first story that I was not rooting for a happy ending for this couple.

When the story was said and done I can say that I really enjoyed the story and all the emotional drama that the story wrought but, stories like this always put me on edge and a bit shaky at times especially when the story is about abuse and cheating I never know if I am going to end up loving it or hating it.When the abuse being dealt is more about punishing the one you love because you were never able to deal with your own messed up past is unforgivable.

This couple held a really big secret and I was really amazed that they got away with it as long as the did.I have to ask myself why they choose to live the way they did when they had advantages that most people will never have.I understood why Sloan would be drawn to club life but, I honestly never thought that Gennie would have stuck around as long as she did.Just proves when one loves fully with ones heart and your know in your heart that they are your soul mate it is not so easy to walk away .My  heat broke time and time again for Gennie and the things she suffered through to stay beside the man she loved.

I have to say that Gennie was my favorite character in this current tale.I love how she loved with ones whole heart, she was strong and determined and I loved how she was not easily broken.I admired her for wanting to change her life and move on .I will say that she surprised the heck out of me where she choose to run to .Did she think that her life was going to change for the better when all she would be surrounded by was coldness and betrayals?

Omg ! I am not a violent person but ,throughout the story and its beginning I secretly rooted for someone to beat some sense into this damn a** stupid biker.Did I understand his own feelings for his pain and suffering most definitely but ,how he choose to deal with his pain and suffering was a totally different story.

I was feeling no love for this character....

The story was filled with so much sorrow and past regrets healing, forgiveness also filled with a ton of emotion that it tugged at your heart strings, as well as drama , suspense ,romance  and alpha males along with strong women who were about forgiveness that I could not help but enjoy it.The major characters had sparks and major chemistry and when they were together they created fire together making this story a really hot read as well as an emotional one.

I loved  being on this journey of healing and forgiveness and how a couple that truly loved one another found their was back to one another and even after all the bumps in the road they kept striving for their happily ever after all over again.

5 stars from us


32 years young... born and raised in California, did a stint in Oregon only to return to the Golden State. Lived that life a while until the Lone Star State called to us, Hill Country, Texas is where we call home, where our boots rest and loving that country life. Living the life with one bearded power pole climbing husband, two little boys that are full of energy and drive us crazy plus a chocolate lab named Optimus Prime.

You may find us here !










0 comments: