Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Book Review for The Whispers of the Fallen By: J.D. Netto




The Whispers of the Fallen

By: J.D. Netto

 4stars
Reviewed by:Tonya
Format:Kindle
Published:Tristar Publishing Group
Source:Purchased Copy Gene: Paranoram/Fantasy/Demons

Blurb


Ever since the dawn of days, rumors about the Diary of Lucifer echoed throughout Elysium. Hidden from all human knowledge, the Diary was kept a secret, locked away in the small village of Agalmath.
Isaac and Demetre find themselves in a dangerous journey as they uncover the truth about the Diary and its guardians. However, for Isaac and Demetre, danger lies at every step, hidden in the most unexpected places.
Hunted by the Nephilins and the Fallen Stars, they must find others who will join them in the battle against the coming darkness


Excerpt

The Whispers of the Fallen – Chapter I
Weariness grew inside of me. My heart was heavy and it felt as though cold air had settled in. I sensed someone watching me. When I looked behind me, I saw a dark being approaching us. I could not discern what it was because the being merged with the tree branches. After a while, not even the rain and the trees were able to hide the midnight-colored horse and its cloaked rider. The horse was fully armored; its eyes were hollow and surrounded by spike-shaped armor. The rider’s drenched cloak covered its entire body—including its head. The armor that sat on its shoulders had three spikes that stood almost as tall as his head.

The rider stopped a couple feet in front of us, still as a statue. The whisper of the trees resounded through the forest. There was so much fear coming from this one being that our surroundings seemed to dim.
The Whispers of the Fallen – Chapter VI
“They performed the Soul Exchange. Demetre was offered to the Darkness when he was an infant. This offer gives liberty for any chosen Fallen Star to take over his body upon his blood maturation. Therefore, Demetre’s fate was chosen for him.” Devin sighed. “This is a dangerous thing, given that a Fallen Star is now hosted in a human body. Their tissue, skin and blood have intertwined. They are one.”

I placed both of my hands on my face, closed my eyes and once again cried bitterly. Demetre, the person I had known throughout my entire life, the person that knew me best, died without having a choice. A part of me wanted to refuse to believe that this was true, but deep inside I knew the truth had to be embraced now.
Our Review



Isaac and Demetre awaken to find their parents missing. I can’t even imagine what that would be like. Losing my mom to cancer was hard, waking up to find them just missing and not knowing what happened must be down right terrifying. While they search for their parents they are confronted by Cyro, a fallen star, who appears evil and inflicts horrible pain on them in the attempt to convince Isaac to take him to his home to find something. Out of no where appears Devin, a nephilin, who goes after Cyro in an attempt to help the boys.
This something was Lucifer’s diary, and contained his secrets of his discoveries and the powers within him. The diary had been given to a select line to protect and only the blood from someone in that line could open it again.
I have to say this sounds a lot like an altered version of a bible story, where fallen angels lay with beautiful women who then give birth to nephilim. These fallen angels are evil and are on Lucifer’s side and live to wreak havoc on mankind, trying to destroy everything good and beautiful that the Lord created. To turn man, using their free will, against the creator. But that is about as far as the similarities go in my book anyway. This story seems to be based on that but goes outside of it from there.
The author does an amazing job at describing Justica, which is located in the 4th dimension. This place is so breath mistakingly beautiful; I would love to live there. Vivid colors and white marble floors and walls and columns, beautifully sculpted statues and gorgeous people. Yes I would love to live there. But don’t let appearances fool you, because not everything is always as it seems.
This is a book about good versus evil. The creator versus Lucifer. It is chalk full of battles, victories, losses. Isaac’s battle for good with two nephilin, who hope for redemption one day, against a friend lost to evil who wants to take everything from the creator.
I really enjoyed reading this. If you like stories about Nephilim, Shadows, evil creatures wreaking havoc, good battling back, secret diaries and more this book is for you.
There are a lot of unexpected twists and turns, so don’t be surprised if you think you know how this will end – you just may be shocked.
















0 comments: