Pages

Monday, July 15, 2013

Book Review for Thundering Luv Luv Series – Book #2 by L.M. Preston

 Thundering Luv

Series Luv Series – Book #2
Author 
L.M. Preston
 stars
Reviewed by:Tonya
Format:Kindle
Published:Phenomenal One Press
Source:Purchased Gene:Young Adult Romance

About Book


Jewel has always been able to get the guy she wanted. The starting jock on the football team, the team captain on the basketball team, and the lead swimmer on the swim team. Problem is, she didn’t find them the least bit exciting. Was she cold or a she-wolf for guys? Colin thought so, and he’d do anything to bring her down a peg or two. When these two collide on the sandy beach during their mixed up summer vacation, sparks fly, making this a summer neither will forget. 
 Buy Your Kindle Copy Here At AMAZON


 


My Thoughts



As this book started I am thinking more and more how very much I didn’t like Jewel, I wasn’t liking how she was treating the guys, ripping their hearts apart, just didn’t sound like the kind of person I would want to be friends with. Jewel reminded me of a friend I had in school that went through guys like candy. Pop it in, give it a taste, spit it out and walk away. I used to shake my head and think what is wrong with her. Then I learned a few things about her life and realized why she did what she did. I am not saying I think what she did was right I just understood better. And after learning what was going on in Jewels world I understood why she did the things she did. Both my friend and Jewel sure did leave a trail of broken confused men in their wake.

Jewel’s mom and dad are real winners – wow someone needs to slap them with a few wet noodles – how about a serious wake up call – get your acts together. LOL Mom is on soon to be hubby #4 and dad is in another country with a model type wife and not a minute to spare. How is a girl supposed to grow up understanding what a real relationship is all about?
And then there is Colin – wavy hair, good looking, broad chest, smokin’ hot – but didn’t anyone ever tell him the way to get a girls attention is NOT a volleyball to the head. :P
As time goes on Jewel and Colin have this love-hate tug-o-war relationship that at times is absolutely funny and had me busting out laughing and causing people to stare at me like I needed a straight jacket.
This book really has such a good story line, several actually, like appearances are not always what they seem. Never judge a book by its cover. Rumors are just that and get to know someone and find the truth for yourself. And so many more.
I had a lot of fun reading this book. I was laughing at times, at other times it broke my heart to see the struggle between Colin and Jewel. The things going on in the back ground at school that Jewel had no idea was going on yet was the central part of it all. I am cheering Colin on and pushing Jewel mentally to give him a chance, open your eyes girl. And then turning around and yelling at Colin about being honest no matter what and taking a stand.
Now here I am reading along yelling at Jewel when she breaks it off with Colin after he tries to tell her what has been going on behind her back never realizing he isn’t those guys and never was a part of it. Then I am crying when Colin finally confronts her and she finally listens and he gives her back the amazing necklace he had made her. I so love kiss and make up scenes.
BUT I SO DID NOT LIKE THE END – I mean literally – KISS, MAKE UP – The End!!!!
HELLO – - I WANT MORE!!!!!
Great book I really can not wait to see what is next from this author.






0 comments: