Pages

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Going Home by Rhonda R.Dennis Book Tour June 16th, 2013



Book Info-

Title-Going Home

Series-Green Bayou Book #1

By-Rhonda R. Dennis

Publication Date-August 3, 2011

Blurb-

Paramedic Emily Boudreaux believes New Orleans is the perfect place for a young trauma junkie to see some action. Things start out fine enough, but years pass, and the job brings nothing but strife. Emily decides to make a fresh start by returning to her roots. She moves to the small town of Green Bayou, Louisiana. Thinking she will find peace and tranquility, Emily quickly learns that her imagination steered her wrong. Small town life offers far more tumult than she remembered! Mystery, excitement, deceit, and passion run rampant along the murky waters of Bayou Assumption. She struggles with the decision of which man to love: her amazing, new Paramedic partner, Jacob Templet or her handsome, former high school sweetheart, Deputy Pete Bergeron. Her ultimate struggle won't involve the decision of which man to be with. It is a quest for her personal survival! Praying to get out of a disastrous situation alive, Emily hopes that going home won't be the wrong decision.


Amazon Kindle- http://www.amazon.com/Going-Home-Volume-Novels-ebook/dp/B0050I4LMU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1367565266&sr=8-3&keywords=Going+Home 

Excerpt



Going Home: A Green Bayou Novel Book One Excerpts

One
                My head was killing me.  The last thing I wanted to do was to open my eyes.  I tried drifting back into unconsciousness, but my body refused to let me go to the place where I felt no pain.  I struggled to open one eye, and then finally, the other.  My eyelids felt like they were weighted with lead.  Finally, they stayed open long enough for me to register dim light, but focusing became another long, drawn-out process.


Author Interview



What would you have done differently if you were the main character of your book?

First, thank you so much for the interview!!  I’m happy to be here!!  If I were the main character, I don’t think I would have stuck it out like Emily did.  I think would have abandoned Green Bayou sometime around “Awakenings” (Book Two).


What was your inspiration behind this book?

When I decided to write the story, I wanted it to be realistic and relate -able.  Being that I actually worked as a medic and experienced quite a few interesting calls during my time on the ambulance, I figured that having a main character who worked in EMS would be a good thing.

Why did you become a writer ?

I went back to college a little later in life and while there I took quite a few creative writing classes.  One of my instructors made a note on my final essay that I should consider a career change and become a writer.  I was flattered, but ignored it.  Once I graduated, I realized that I missed putting words on paper, so I sat in my office one day and started typing.  Over the course of a weekend, I had the skeleton of a full manuscript (Going Home).  I really didn’t think I’d ever accomplish such a thing again, so I tossed it aside.  Fortunately, more stories did come after that!

As a reader and writer I think it is important to get to know your fans and make a connection with them as an author who takes the extra step to hear what their fans think and want in their continued writing is continued success and key to selling more books .Do you agree with that ?

Absolutely!!!  I can’t even begin to tell you how much I love interacting with fans of the series.  I’m very active on Facebook and I can promise you, if you don’t get a response from me, it’s because I didn’t see it for some odd reason. It’s not only limited to social media, either.  I love that people approach me in the grocery store and start fussing about something one of my characters did.  It tends to draw confused looks from bystanders until it’s explained that the events are from a book series.



Do you have a favorite author or authors?

My taste in books is about as varied as my taste in music.  I love authors from Charlaine Harris and Anne Rice to John Kennedy Toole and Hemingway.  I also love supporting my fellow indie authors.  There really is a lot of talent floating around in Indie World!!



Do you like to write your books in a continuing series ?

Yes, I do.  “Going Home: A Green Bayou Novel Book One” was originally going to be a standalone.  After I finished it, I immediately came up with the concept for book two and figured it would be a duet.  Well....  here we are, five books and two novellas later, with book 6 to be released in December.  I say that as long as there is a story to tell, I’ll keep writing.

If you could date any character from any book, who would it be and why?

Shameless plug, but I think it would be Holden Dautry.  If I couldn’t have him, I think it would be a toss up between Marie Coulson’s Jared and EL James’ Christian Grey (minus all the dominating).  I like a man to be strong and confident, but not someone who is so aggressive that he treats women like they aren’t capable of making a decision on their own.


What kinds of books do you like to read in your spare time ?

My favorite books have a mix of romance and comedy.  I love to laugh.  I also love books that have scenes that literally make my jaw drop.  Generally, I’m not surprised when these big “shocking” scenes pop up because I see them coming from a mile away.  If you’re an author who can get me with one of those, kudos to you!!

Do you cry  when writing sad scenes?

Sometimes.  I find it easy to put myself into the situation that I’m writing, so I feel as though I’m actually experiencing some of what I write.  There were a few scenes that I had to temporarily put the manuscript aside because it was getting too intense.


Did you have a Cover Designer ?

I’m so fortunate to have two people who do my covers.  Brandi Money Photography does the majority of my photo shoots and she’s helped to design the covers for Going Home, Awakenings, Unforeseen, and Deceived.  Laura Hidalgo, of Bookfabulous Designs, has designed covers for Deja Vu, Between Four and Five (the first novella), and Connie’s Wild Night (the second novella).  I also have a beautiful model who has been amazing, Ramona Clement.

Who is your fictional boyfriend or girlfriend crush ?

Sookie Stackhouse.  Oh, the things I would do if I were in her shoes!

If you were able to dine and have a one on one with your favorite writer/author who would it be ?

Charlaine Harris--shocker, I know! lol


Do just re-read your favorite books ?

I reread my favorite books very often, but I also keep an eye out for fresh, interesting new stories, too.

Do you ever get in a reading slump like your readers do ?

Absolutely!  It normally happens when I’m writing.  I try not to read other people’s work while I’m writing my stuff because I don’t want to jumble their story lines with the ones in my head.


What is the funniest book you ever read ?

It’s not for everyone, but “A Confederacy of Dunces” by John Kennedy Toole.  I literally laugh out loud at some of Ignatius’ antics.




Author Info-


Rhonda Dennis is proud to be born and raised in South Louisiana.  Her enthusiasm for the uniqueness of Louisiana’s culture is evident in her writing. Even though she loved writing, she put it on hold to work in the medical field.
After starting a family, she went back to college where her passion was reignited and Rhonda wrote her first novel, Going Home, Book One of the Green Bayou Novel Series. Rhonda lives in a small town in South Louisiana with her husband, Doyle, and her son, Sean. She appreciates the outdoors, spending time with her family and friends, and loves cooking.
cooking.





Links-

Goodreads- 



Facebook- 

Twitter- https://twitter.com/greenbayoubooks 

Guest Post



Can you tell us about your favorite childhood author?


Oh, it’s so hard to pick one.  I guess my favorite childhood author would be Roald Dahl, but I also adored Laura Ingalls Wilder and Judy Blume.  From a young age I loved books that drew me into unique and fun fantasy worlds, so that’s probably the reason I connected with Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Charlie and the Glass Elevator, and Mathilda. 

With Laura Ingalls Wilder’s books, my interest came from watching the television show Little House on the Prairie.  My mom was trying to figure out Christmas presents for me one year when I was about eight or nine, so she bought me the entire boxed set because she knew I loved the show.  I tore through those books.  In fact, I think those books were the first that I couldn’t put down.  I remember reading straight through the night on several occasions just so I could know what happened.

Judy Blume, well she was just a rite of passage.  She openly spoke about some of those uncomfortable things that girls might not feel inclined to speak to others about.  Her books were all the gossip when I was in late elementary/junior high school.  All the girls were running around asking each other, “Did you read Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret!  Can you believe she wrote about that stuff?”  It’s kind of funny now that I think back about it.  She was kind of like the EL James of her time.


http://www.girlsheartbookstours.com





Follow on Bloglovin

0 comments: