Pages

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Book Review for Against the Wind by Regan Walker


Against the Wind by Regan Walker

 stars
Reviewed by: Angels
Format:Kindle
Published: by Boroughs Publishing Group
Source: Gifted Copy Genre:Historical Romance




About Book


A night in London’s most exclusive bordello. Agent of the Crown Sir Martin Powell would not normally indulge, but the end of his time spying against Napoleon deserves a victory celebration. Yet, such pleasure will not come cheap. The auburn-haired courtesan he calls “Kitten” is in truth Katherine, Lady Egerton, a dowager baroness and the daughter of an earl as elusive as she is alluring. She flees a fate worse than death. But Martin has known darkness, too, and he alone can touch her heart—as she has touched his. To the English Midlands they will steal, into the rising winds of revolution.

http://www.amazon.com/Against-Agents-Crown-Regan-Walker-ebook/dp/B00BXIJ6QM/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1396126217&sr=1-3&keywords=Wind+by+Regan+Walker

My Thoughts


First of all have to point out that this book has a beautiful cover. Reagan Walker is a new author for me and I have to say that I absolutely loved this story.

The story was a light fun romance read with a little bit of spy intrigue.The characters were great and enjoyable to read about.


I would have to say that Agent of the Crown Sir Martin Powell would have to be my favorite character.He his tall dark and handsome and at the same time he has a dangerous aura that says I am deadly don't mess with me. On the other hand he is compassionate and loving and found him to be a very funny and witty character.

I also loved Katherine .She had a very difficult life yet seemed to stay strong in spirit.She never seemed to complain and was a very talented artist.Even though events transpired making her husband look guilty she had enough common sense to believe that there was a rational explanation and did not just run off and desert her man.

Katherine and Martin came together under unusual circumstances but, no matter there odd encounter they seem to have a connection which led Martin to search out Katherine in order to make her his .

Once I started on the story I could not put it down .The characters were so intriguing that they had you thinking what is to happen next.The story had a slow budding romance which helped Martin and Katherine strengthen
 there bond. Danger lurked at every turn for Katherine making you on edge thinking this poor women will she ever be at peace and feel safe again ?

The story was a page turner for me and had me up to the wee hours of the morning just to finish it. Would definitely recommend this read to all those other romance fans out there.It was my first book by Regan Walker but, It will not be my last will be definitely checking out her other works.

A job well done we are giving Against the Wind 5 stars.And this one goes into the keep pile to read again at a later date ! 










0 comments: