Pages

Friday, November 16, 2018

Book Review for Lost King The Kings of Retribution MC #6 by Sandy Alvarez & Crystal Daniels



Title: Lost King
Series: The Kings of Retribution MC #6
Author: Sandy Alvarez and Crystal Daniels
Genre: MC Romance
Release Date: November 16, 2018
Reviewed by Angels With Attitude Book Reviews
Arc copy provided for honest review
5 stars from us
The funny thing about fate—about life, is you never know what the next day holds. Live with no regrets.
Quinn Beckett, Sergeant At Arms for the Kings of Retribution MC knows life is all about what you make of it. He has dedicated years to his club, his family, his community and the members he calls his brothers. For Quinn, he couldn’t imagine life getting much better.
Until a chance meeting a couple of years ago with a bright, attractive doctor altered his course in life. She became his only desire—his obsession. Quinn wanted nothing more than to make Emerson his.
To outsiders, Emerson Evans had all the things in life you could ever hope for; family, friends and a great career, but what they didn’t know was she wasn’t happy. All her life she chased dreams—dreams that were only partly her own. Being a doctor means everything to her, but she finds herself longing for more out of life. Including wanting a sexy, long-haired biker, who happens to be part of the local MC. The very Club that fate decided was to be a part of her life. 
She could never have foreseen that giving her heart away and loving a man so fiercely would be the source of strength she would lean on when the unexpected happens.

Let's start off by saying that these are two of my favorite characters, Quinn and Emerson, of this series, and we are loving this current tale with them in it. We are loving this series as well, as it has so many amazing characters. I loved the cat and mouse game that Quinn and Emerson had going on as it has been going on in several books now, and we knew when they finally decided to end it their first sexual encounter was going to be super hot and the author didn't disappoint us. My reaction, "Holy Hotness!" Quinn even makes me crave him. Can you say yummy! From the very beginning I knew I was going to love this story and I did just that. Emerson is the perfect match for Quinn in and out of bed, as she will never be tamed by him and will always be a challenge for him at every turn." This is what Quinn needs, or he would be too cocky!" lol I always pick a favorite character I loved the most in our current read, and mine is going to be Quinn. I love Quinn because he is intense, sexy, possessive, protective, sexually potent, love-able, had a sense of humor, has a heart of gold, is giving but, most of all, I loved the relationship he had with his Mother, Father and sister Kat. Not only that, but I loved seeing the dominate side of Quinn come out in the bedroom scenes. OMG ! Emerson and Quinn's chemistry off the charts. The only thing that comes to mind is "Holy Frigging Fanning Myself!" Quinn's searing looks could melt even my panties off." Anytime Quinn!" lol I loved the heated scenes because it was the one place Emerson could truly be herself and just let all her worries and pressures from her parents be left at the door and just be the fun and loving Emerson we love so much. Quinn quote-"I love how you're this prim and proper doctor on the outside, but on the inside, you’re a hellcat." Quinn quote -"Oh, Doctor Pretty. I'm ready for my physical now." He sings songs as he struts into the kitchen wearing nothing but his birthday suit and my stethoscope around his neck. I loved Emerson and how she proved her worth to the club as well as being old lady material not that that was ever in question but, we saw the feisty side and fierceness to her that we have never seen before, and we loved this side of her personality. I loved seeing her protective side when it came to Quinn come out,"That cat has claws!" lol I loved the bond she had with her twin brother, total opposites yet each other's champions. Not only that, but I have to give a shout-out to Quinn parents as they were just so adorable together, and they made my heart melt as the love between them was there for all those to see. The story overall was one of my favorites to date in this series, I loved the drama, the storyline and that it was filled with a cast of amazing cast of characters for us to laugh with as well as cry with. I loved the surprises that arose but, most of all, we loved the ending to this story as it ended with Quinn being Quinn, the man we fell in love from the very beginning of this series. Quinn favorite quote- "One day a woman would come along, and I would know she was the other half of my life. She would consume me, and I would move mountains to have her and give her the moon if that’s what she wanted." Loved it! Love it! Loved it ! This story was another winner in my book that goes into the keeper pile to be read over and over again Recommended to all and this entire series. Personal note: One of the things that I loved most about this current story and the ones that have become before it is the fact that in each and every story it was a way to make a connection with the characters we are reading about. I love when this happens because from the onset of the story you were going to fall even more deeply in love with the characters than you are already come to love.






SIGNED PAPERBACK GIVEAWAY
We are sisters who both share a passion for books. Our obsession for bad boys, alpha males, angst, romance, hot, sexy, and happily ever after has lead us on a journey, a dream to not only read all the incredible stories we love so much, but to write one of our own. 
Both born in Illinois, then moved to Wyoming, were we spent part of our childhood before moving to Mississippi.
Crystal lives in Pearl Mississippi with her husband of twenty-one years, two sons and their two dogs.
Sandy lives in Brandon Mississippi with her husband of eleven years, and four kids.

0 comments: