Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2018

Book Review for Collared by the Badman by Hayley Faiman



Title: Collared by the Badman
Series: Russian Bratva Series 
Author: Hayley Faiman
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Release Date: September 24, 2018 Cover Design: Cassy Roop @ Pink Ink Designs
Reviewed by: Angels With Attitude Book Reviews

Sergei Orlov has lived a life of dark corruption. Denying himself any bit of normalcy and happiness as a way to protect his family—of blood or Bratva. He’s seen as a savior to his men, living in darkness behind closed doors.
Raisa was a girl sold into a life of sexual servitude. Memories of her life before—forgotten. She aspires to be cherished by a man who will forever keep her as his own, never to be sold, abused, or traded again.
A favor asked, turns into something else, something unquestionably beautiful. Sergei cannot deny that Raisa stirs something inside of him. Something that he has never felt before.
One fractured savior. One shattered soul. When the two collide, their lives take on new meaning.



I am to start me review off a little bit differently than I normally do but, after reading this story I was so emotional hyped up and my emotions all over the place that I posted in Hayley's fb group just to tell her how much I loved the story before writing this review here it is ....


  Hayley Faiman its no secret how much I love your books but,I have to say Collared by the Badman floored me.I am still reeling from it.I have so many emotions going on inside of me that I can't even put them into words but, out of all the books I have read this story affected me emotionally more than any others that you have written and I think its your best yet.No other book other than my favorite book of all time Outlander by Diana Gabaldon has effected me this way so and that is saying something just what an awesome writer you are.Awesome Awesome Job.I loved it as it was tragic,dark,terrifying, emotional,heart wrenching and so much more....Glued to the pages to the very end! We love you!
After digressing this story several hours later I just read and so many hours later I am still reeling from this story.I have to say that if a author is still able to capture your intention and has you still thinking of the story hours later it truly was beautifully written.
I really don't no where to start and tell you how much I loved the story from beginning to end.I was captivated from the onset of Sergi taking Raisa home.I am going to be honest and say that I was having doubts that I was going to make it to the end of the story as the story had me edgy and a bit shaky because the content was so dark and heart wrenching but, when Sergi took it upon himself to avenge a women who he new so little about I was all in.
After talking to Hayley after my response she told me that she never really planned ever to write this story and that would have been an absolute shame and we are so glad she did as it was Fantastic!!!!!
    I always pick a favorite character in a story but, this time around its impossible to do as Sergi's small circle of close friends and family made me love them all the more as their loyalty to him was so touching.I loved how from the beginning of Raisa entering all their lives they new she would be his one and only not only that but, how all of them became so protective of her . "It was so touching, It made me tear up more than once."

Raisa was just an unbelievably strong women and I myself would have never been able to survive the horrors she experience in her life.My heart broke for her and remained broken the entire story.
Sergi OMG !
"He was hotter that hot in this story!"I experienced his pain as well what a lonely life for him never being able to love anyone with putting them in danger and never being able to show even a hint of emotion at all always having to play the role of a monster just to survive. Sergi was no saint that is for sure but, It was really nice to see that he had a heart and that he was able to feel something even if he has have to mask those feelings and keep those feelings to himself.I loved his struggle as he worked his way through what he was feeling for Raisa and what she really meant to him.

  As the story progressed the story got hotter and hotter. Omg ! the sex scenes super hot.This story is not for the faint of heart as it is very dark and unless you are enmeshed in a lifestyle such Sergi and Raisa you would truly never really understand it but,the depth of emotions it causes the person reading it to feel and that those feelings are all over place and sometimes overwhelming even. I personally could never imagine anyone freely living a lifestyle of and owner/slave relationship but,after reading Raisa's story there would be no other way for her to function without this kind of a relationship and without it she would never truly survive any other way.I am happy though through all the darkness,heartbreak,horror's she endured that she was able for once in her life experience some sort of happiness and once she had a glimpse of it not wanting to take it to heart as she was constantly waiting for it to be riped a way at and minute.Just heartbreaking you just want the tears to fall with her as she sits there and sheds them to rid the pain in of all that's in her heart....

Tissues ! Tissues ! Tissues! 

A Compelling story not to be missed!

A recommended read to all! 







I was born and raised in California. My husband and I met when I was just 16. We were married a few years later, moving to Oregon while he was in the US Coast Guard. 
Texas is now where we call home, where our boots rest, and where we're raising our two little boys and a chocolate lab named Optimus Prime.
 Follow us here !




0 comments: