Pages

Friday, August 3, 2018

Book Review for Kon Trassato Crime Family #2 by Lisa Cardiff




Title: Kon
Series: Trassato Crime Family #2
Author: Lisa Cardiff
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Release Date: November 1, 2016
Reviewed by: Angels With Attitude Book Reviews
stars
Kindle Edition Arc Copy
Once upon a time, I was the woman you envied. I had it all. A wonderful family. The perfect fiancé who also happened to be my best friend. Money and resources. The power and influence that came with sharing the Trassato name. 

One night my fairytale became a nightmare, and I’ve been living in Hell ever since. A rival family killed my fiancé. My father succumbed to cancer. In the middle of it all, I bargained away my future to Konstantin Trincher, a member of the Russian mafia. It seemed like the perfect solution at the time—my brother’s girlfriend in exchange for me. 

Only things weren’t that simple. I promised myself to Konstantin and my family promised me to Nico DeAngelo, the underboss of the Trassato Crime Family.

Konstantin and I form an alliance to unravel our bargain. The only problem? We didn’t expect to fall for each other in the process. Now I’m forced to choose between love and loyalty. One choice will break my heart and the other will break my family.








We have to start off by saying this story was my favorite out of the entire series. Kon and Camela made the perfect couple.

I don't know where to start but, we loved everything about this story and once we started reading it I needed to read it to the very end.

Camela was already a favorite character of mine from all the previous books.I loved her even more in this story.What a fire cracker I found Camela to be.I love a women who takes what she wants and damn the consequences ! All though I found her to be brash,funny full of confidence she had a weakness when it came to cowering and bowing down to her family.I have to say I was rooting & waiting for the feisty Camela to buck up and defy her family wishes and  take back  her life and go after what was going to make her happiness complete.

This story had a lot going on to keep your interest. Camela was keeping secrets and to top that she was supposedly engaged to her families enemy.I loved all the sneaking around and how she tried to straddle two different worlds.Emilia had us laughing out loud more that once with her antics.

Kon for me was just swoon worthy...
I love characters like him who consider themselves the love them leave them type  because once they start falling they fall hard. LOL

I loved Kon's character from the onset of the story as I always felt that there was more to him than what we had already perceived of his character. Kon had layers to him and we loved discovering  all those layers.The romance between him and Camela was super sweet and their sexual interludes were sexy and fun. 

I enjoy stories like this because a romance between these two is not suppose to happen or be tolerated but, somehow the couple overcomes those odds with a lot of twists and turns and bumpy roads that riddle their path but, eventually leads to finding their soul mate and their own slice of happiness for those that live in a very dangerous world.We loving being on their journey as they gave us one fun ride!

My kind of read!

stars from us







Here are Other Reviews in this series !




Love at first sight? "No but definitely super lust!"Gian and Evie first meet was all about instant attraction but, clearly total opposites as Evie was a ballerina and Gian a mob boss."What do they say total opposites attract ", well we saw sparks and sizzle between these two right off the bat.My first thought was there about to make things very interesting for us. 

I will say that I love the character's in this story and some of them made me laugh out loud more than others.

Who was my favorite? I will be choosing Gian as for me Gian surprised me most with his actions and deeds.I found Gian to be loyal,funny,sexy,handsome a protector an a all around nice guy considering his choice of lifestyle.All that being said that made him no less deadly when it came to protecting what he considered his including his women,family,sister and his life style.

I loved Evie as well she was a lot of fun and made me laugh more than once.For me what I loved about her the most is some was constantly doing things out of her comfort zone all the well taking things in stride.I loved that fact that no matter how things started out between her and Gian she was willing to take a risk to see where things would lead them as she played it safe and Gian was anything but.
(smiles and chuckles)

The story flowed easily and we found ourselves being stunned more than once as more and more secrets started coming to life."I loved being surprised at the unexpected." We loved the drama and the romance and discovering new characters be introduced into the mix of things and wondering if we were going to love or hate them.We loved the hot sexy scene's and we really enjoyed the suspense as well as the ending.

My only complaint if I had one would be that this author needs to add more heat to her books and up the the suspense level.We missed that edge that characters like Gian should have.I love when you love them but at the same time a scared to sh**less of them. I like feeling the aura they ex crude .( "Dangerous lover" , "Lover Beware")The type of lover that has you on edge all the time.
Does that make sense?

I am enjoying this series as it has love-able characters as well as some really interesting ones. I have to say I felt myself falling a little bit in love with Gian myself.

5 stars from us







Another enjoyable read !
We were ready to dive in to see what happened next.I loved Emilia from the last book I thought she was a pistol and interesting so we we glad to see how she was going to turn things around this time around.

While reading my heart started bleeding all over again for her.Emilia never caught a break the people in her life continued to lie and deceive her all over again but, this time around her husbands betrayal's nearly destroyed her.I wanted to start nicknaming her Emilia from the school of hard knox's.

I will say that Emilia was my favorite character still.I admired her strength and determination.I loved how she dove right into ranching and kept at trying to learn all she could to ease into her new life.This was not something you saw a mafia princess doing so it made us take a closer look at who the real Emilia was regardless of her upbringing.

I loved the continuing love triangle between her past lovers Salvatore and Marcello as things heated up even more.I will say that I loved her choice of lover this time around as he was swoon worth and super hot and my choice for her all along !

We liked the twists and turns the book took and we loved seeing a few secrets coming to life that we did not see coming.

Overall we enjoyed Emilia's journey to finding her own happiness that was off her own choosing.I enjoyed Emilia's journey of rediscovering herself once again as she lost a piece of herself along the way at carving out this new life for herself.We loved seeing her happy once again.We also saw that her father wasn't beyond redemption after all.

We love reading stories like this as the different mafia families and how they interact with one another is complicated and it brings tons of surprises and drama to a story like this.My only regret is that the story didn't have more heat and romance to it.Although I enjoyed this story and it series in my opinion the author needs to heat things up a bit with her characters and heat up the suspense aspect as well.I missed the edginess that books like this bring where they keep you in suspense all the time.

4 stars from us






First time author for us and we are happy to sat that I enjoyed our first read by them.

Emilia was a character that you felt sorry for,as her life was not her own.The only outlet she had was her piano lessons and the rest of the time under lock and key.Her father a monster with countless enemies she always needs protection.You definitely felt her loneliness and sadness about her.She lost her mother and her father is a controlling monster.Emilia's only flicker of happiness is her friendship with one of her fathers men Sal.As Emilia's feelings grow deeper for Sal that little bit of happiness is about to be destroyed by a brokered marriage.Another way for her father to gain more wealth and power not the happiness of his daughter.

I really liked Sal in the beginning of the story.I loved how he was willing to risk his life to be with the one he loves. Omg what a disappointment this guy turned out to be.Then you have the mysterious Marcello who is lethal and dangerous and use to getting what he wants.I loved the letter writing between Emilia and himself as
he seemed to be courting what was already his.Another disappointment for me in another long line of deceit and betrayals.

I enjoyed the characters as they were easy to connect with.There were many surprises in the story that you never saw coming.I liked that everything you expected to happen was just the opposite.The story flowed easily and kept your interest as the characters were was like-able and some love-able.You had to love Emilia as she had an innocence about her .I loved that about her as she grew up in a world of violence and greed.

A cute romance story about love,romance,deceit,betrayals among one of the most power crime families.Looking forward to what happens next in Emilia's newest adventure.

A recommended read to all.

stars 





    



After spending years practicing law and running a real estate development company with her husband, Lisa decided to pursue her dream of becoming a writer and she must confess that inventing characters is so much more fun than writing contracts and legal briefs. A native of Colorado, she lives with her husband and three children in Denver.

0 comments: