Pages

Monday, August 22, 2022

Book Review for Maybe Don't Wanna by Lani Lynn Vale





Title: Maybe Don't Wanna
Series: The Simple Man Series #2
Author: Lani Lynn Vale
Genre: Romance Suspense
Release Date: May 4, 2018


Peter Parker Penn.
Unlike the superhero his mother named him after, Parker is no good guy.
In fact, if there’s a picture in the dictionary under anti-hero, it’s his.
Parker’s spent his life trying to get back on the right side of the tracks, but each step he takes forward, he takes two more steps back.
To save one, he hurts others. To make this good, he turns that bad.
For appearances’ sake, he plays the part. He does what people expect him to do—mostly. And at the end of each day, he goes back to his lonely apartment and wishes he was a different person. One who could fix the things he’s broken.
Then Kayla Nash forces her way into his life, and the world as he knows it is irrevocably changed.
Everything he thinks he has right is wrong. And everything he thinks is wrong is oh, so right.
One thing leads to another, and suddenly he’s growing a conscience, and trying to prove to her that he’s as bad as everybody says he is.
Yet she won’t listen.
She’s convinced that she can save him.
Little does she know, Parker isn’t worth saving, and never will be.



Let's start off by saying that I just love this author's books as each and every-time I read something of hers she just wows me.

Right from the beginning of this story, Kayla and Janie had me laughing up a storm and out loud more than once, and I continued just that to the very end of the story. I loved the story from the beginning to the very end and everything in between.

What I loved most about this story was the amazing cast of character's that it had. I also loved Kayla's and Janie's friendship, as these two together were just a hoot as they made you laugh and cry and the bond and love between them was just heart-warming. OMG! And there
childhood pack that Janie and Kayla made when they were children were to be still to be honored between them even in adulthood, so says Janie. An example of that was Kayla had two years to have a child so that their children could be best friends just like them.

One of the funniest moments for me in this story was when Kayla, totally straight-faced and serious, looked at Janie and spoke, "So does that mean your husband is going to be the sperm donor?"

(referring to their pack promises)

Just a priceless moment and oh so funny!

I also have to say that the bewilderment on Rafe face when said question was asked is priceless as well, not really realizing all that was going on around him and his shocked expressions followed by giggles. You have to know Jake's character beforehand to realized just hope, priceless this moment really was.

(lol and grins)

I always pick a favorite character and mine this time around is going to be Kayla OMG! Kayla's character made me laugh the entire story, and I just loved her from the onset of the story. I found her to be funny, witty and had a sense of humor, love-able and she also had and an amazing personality and highly protective of those she loved.

I loved the story itself and although it made me laugh quite a bit, the story itself was filled with tons of heart-wrenching moments. Both character's Kayla and Parker lost almost all their loved ones, and dealing with their losses took a toll on both of these characters.Parker's heartache was more pronounced as his choices in life lead to him being parted from some of those family members. I loved that Parker changed his life for the better and made a difference the best way he could. I loved how he was with Kayla, as it was the first time in a really long time did he started to feel again and opened up to one he learned to trust to speak about his regrets and past. Loved that he felt happiness, not darkness. I loved how he opened up to Kayla and showed her just who he believed himself to be, the good and the bad.

I loved how the romance developed between Kayla and Parker, and how a beautiful friendship between them turned into so much more. Kayla and Parker were perfect for one another and just what the other needed, age difference be damned.

The bottom-line is, "I loved the super sweet love story and how the author created the perfect ending to an amazing story that had me bawling my eyes out."

I love when you can connect with the characters you read about, and I did just that, as I loved Kayla and Parker right from the onset of the story. Overall, the whole book had a cast of amazing characters that made us laugh and well as cry, creating the perfect mix.

A recommend read to all!

5 stars from us








 
I’m a married mother of three. My kids are all under 9, so I can assure you that they are a handful. I’ve been with my paramedic husband now for ten years, and we’ve produced three offspring that are nothing like us. I live in the greatest state in the world, Texas.








0 comments: