Pages

Friday, March 9, 2018

Release Tour for Law & Beard by Lani Lynn Vale



Title: Law & Beard
Series: The Dixie Warden Rejects MC #8
Author: Lani Lynn Vale
Genre: MC Romance 
Release Date: March 8, 2018
Photographer: Furious Fotog Cover Model: Joe Adams
Winnie thinks she has the perfect life. Two beautiful, healthy children. A police officer husband. A job that she loves. Oh, and let’s not forget that she’s a nationally ranked marathon runner. Fast forward six months, and her perfect life has imploded. Winnie finds herself in a completely new world, and this new world is a brutal bitch. In this new life of hers, her husband is gone. He realizes, at the worst possible time, that he’s no longer in love with her. He’s in love with her best friend. So he leaves, and doesn’t look back. Her sixteen-year-old daughter is in trouble with the law, and she’s barely making ends meet thanks to losing the job that was keeping her and her tiny family afloat. Then, the last thing that could make it all bearable, her running, is ripped out from under her, too. Thanks to a spinal stroke that leaves her unable to walk, let alone run, she’s having to relearn how to do the simplest of tasks—such as putting on her own pants. She’s at the lowest of lows, and the last thing she wants is a sexy, bearded, motorcycle riding alpha to tell her how to live her life. But Steel Cross never asks her what she wants. *** The moment Steel Cross sees Winnie’s daughter steal some shoes for her younger brother, he knows he’s in trouble. He’s a sucker for misunderstood teens. After all, he was once one himself. He knows he can’t just walk away, and the moment he sees that troubled teen’s mother, he doesn’t just know it, he feels it. Down to the very bottom of his soul. With his share of hard knocks, he knows that he shouldn’t step in and make his move on a fellow police officer’s ex. There’s a code, after all, yet he just can’t seem to help himself. He’s done being the good guy. Sometimes he just wants to be bad. And Winnie makes him realize that being bad is still kind of good. As long as you’re with the right person.
Omg ! Omg ! Omg! Loved loved this one !This is definitely one of my favorite reads so far in this MC series.Storm had me totally in love with him from the very first pages.This story had an amazing cast of characters from the main characters themselves to Winnie's children's.

I love stories like this a lot as they just make you warm and fuzzy inside.I have to say that my heart broke for Winnie from first meeting her and the struggles she was enduring on top of trying to recover from a spinal stroke.I never heard of such a thing so I needed to look it up and after reading about it it gave me even more insight into what challenges Winnie faced and top of it all trying to care for a teenager and a small child who had set backs himself.With all that she had to cope with she still kept it together just made me love her more.Going from a renowned marathon runner to barely able to walk never seemed to get the best of her she never wallowed in self pity she just fought harder and harder to get back to the way she was before the stroke.What an amazing women!

I always pick a favorite character in a story and I have to say that this time around it was extremely hard but I am picking Storm but, in my mind there were so many favorites.Storm was just so love-able,sweet,kind,sexy,stern and rough around the edges,dangerous with just his presence and looks but, he was also a marshmallow inside along with having one very large heart.I loved how he handled Conleigh from the onset of meeting her right away he saw more to her than a delinquent he saw a troubled teen who he wanted to help set back on the right path.I loved the banter back and forth between these too along with forging and instant connection and a certain kind of trust.I just loved how he took to Cody and never got annoyed with all his random facts that constantly came from the little boys mouth but, seemed keenly interested and in awe.My heart melted when he gave Cody the man talk.I laughed out loud along with finding myself falling in love with him even more.Storm needed these kids just as much as they needed him as he was going through a bit of a rough patch himself.

I loved this sweet romance that was filled with chemistry,the scorching looks,the heat that sizzled between Storm and Winnie.I loved the easiness that they had between them.I loved that Storm became the father figure for two lonely children without even realizing he was doing just that and mended a broken women just by loving her and his deeds alone.Storm maybe easy on the eye and level headed but, when someone messes with his family all bets are off and we see what just lurks beneath the surface and that is a deadly dangerous predator!

Cody Winnie's sons was just so adorable and cute and  I loved him always spilling his random facts especially spouting from a 5 year old.Precious!Love how he took to Storm like a duck to water and that Storm being so much older never fazed him he just saw Storm as a buddy.

Conleigh broke my heart as you new she suffered from her parents break up and Matt her stepfather's betrayal.She was hurting acted out irrationally and even dangerously.I loved how she unloaded some of her burdens on Storm and the friendship she created with him putting her trust in him there first chance meeting.Feeling the warm and fuzzies here..I loved the closeness she had with her brother Cody the sweetness and kindness she always showed him.The typical teen with defiance but just as love-able as her brother.

Winnie for me just was women to admire and you couldn't help but love and she had so many great qualities.I found her to be filled with kindness one of the sweetest people yet bold,brave,determined who loved her family fiercely and was willing to lay down her own life for the ones she loves.

This really was a very emotional touching story that went straight to your heart infused with pain,suffering,betrayals,overcoming the odds infused with a bit of drama and suspense surprises and Happily Ever Afters and we loved it from cover to cover.

I love when you can connect with the characters that you read about and I did just that making it even a more of an enjoyable story.My favorite part of the story would have to be when Storm realized that love meant more to him than a age difference and took just what his heart desired and had always desired not just his women but the children he was meant to love and call his own.

Favorite scene in the entire book would have to be the breakfast scene between Storms Son,daughter in-law and grand-daughter interacting with his current ready made family the entire scene made me laugh as well as smile and I loved it!

For me the author created the perfect surprise ending to such and endearing love story that we enjoyed imensely.Lets just say it left me crying as well as laughing just the perfect mix.

stars


A personal note: I have loved each and every story that I have read so far by this author and I am so looking forward to other books in this series and well as her other works she creates for us. 



I’m a married mother of three. My kids are all under 8, so I can assure you that they are a handful. I’ve been with my paramedic husband now for ten years, and we’ve produced three offspring that are nothing like us. I live in the greatest state in the world, Texas.
HOSTED BY:

0 comments: