Pages

Monday, October 16, 2017

Book Review for Levi by Jessie Cooke



Title: Levi
Series: Southside Skulls Motorcycle Club #5
Author: Jessie Cooke
Genre: MC Romance
Release Date: October 13, 2017
Reviewed by Angels With Attitude Book Reviews
ARC copy provided for honest review
5 stars from us

The night Levi's soulmate Krissy, got on the back of his fathers bike, it was the start of an unbelievable ride on the road to a new reality.
When you love someone so much that your souls are connected, that connection is forever.
A heart wrenching love story that will captivate you to the turn of the final page.
One night, one decision and everything changes.
This is the 5th book in the Southside Skulls MC Series.
It is a Standalone Romance Novel but characters from the previous novels, DAX, CODY, GUNNER & ZACK are in this story too. 
HEA and No cliffhanger.
Intended for Mature Readers.
Julie, Goodreads - “...extremely intriguing MC romance with a mysterious story line of intense dreams and spirit….”

Julie from Spunky-n-Sassy - “This book, wow, it will blow you away.”



Zoe Levi Krissy

For me this Series keeps getting better and better.I think that this tale was by far the most emotional one yet.This story was kind of like a love triangle that consisted of the living and the dead.What surprised me the most is as you read the story you connected the dots as you went along but kept leading you back to the parties involved.As the story evolves all those coincidences started to make sense .

I love when you can connect with the characters that you read about and for me I did just that but, I could not help but love them from the onset of the story.My heart broke for both Levi,Zoe and of course Krissy .All these characters endured so much pain and sorrow and for Zoe she battled so much more.

A horrible tragedy and coincidence leads Levi to Zoe just when she needs it.From the moment they met there was this intense connection between them as well as sparks both drawn to each other.The intense feelings or connection troughs both of them off kilter. Levi is grieving from the losing the love of  his life yet this girl out of know where is stirring his lust and so much more.

I always pick a favorite character and mine this time around is going to be Zoe.I picked her because she was so brave to rise above all the things that were bringing her down and she continued fighting for this new life she wanted to create for herself.I thought her to be beautiful inside and out even with all her faults,loving giving,brave,kind ,caring,strong and determined and found her to be one of the sweetest people  all around.I loved her relationship with her Grandma and how the Grandmother never gave up on her as many times as she fell down and got up back again.That unconditional love gave her the strength to fight for her life.I love grandmas!My own was my best friend so I am so glad Zoe had someone to lean on.I love how she constantly fought her attraction for Levi all the wild knowing the were meant to be together and her attempts to keep him at arms lengths  gave me more than a few chuckles. She was such a spit- fire.


Omg ! I think I am in love with Levi .What a hunk and total bada** who was filled with so much love kindness and sweetness.An overall all super niece guy who wasn't loaded down with a tragic past but , came from a loving family.I loved how instantly he became protective of Zoe even without knowing her but for some strange reason has a huge amount of feelings for even with evening knowing her but, feeling like she his another half.Strange ,confusing and totally weird but he feels it and it scares him.I just loved him from the onset and my heart broke for him not only losing the love of his life but his father as well.The tears justed started welling up here and continued to tug at my heart strings from the beginning and until the end of the story.

I loved the story from cover to cover .The story had so many twists and turns and ups and downs it just kept you turning the pages right up to the point it was finished and I did just that even if I nodded off a few times before getting to the end.(Grins)I loved the chemistry and the sparks and the hotness that Zoe and Levi created in reality and in their dreams .The story was definitely steamy just how we like it.

I love a story that has you thinking about the story even hours after you have finished it.This story did that for me as it has you thinking is there life after death?Is there such thing as divine intervention?Are Angels Real ?Is there such a thing as reincarnation ?Can Souls transfer to one another?Even though the story is fictional in life we have seen individuals  with some amazing gifts as well a miracles and after this story is said and done it has you thinking is someone or something shaping out own fate?


A recommended read to all and this one goes into to the keep pile to be read again and again.

PS:If you like MC Romance reads that aren't overly dark, gritty and not to violent this is a series to give a try .We enjoy the other books in this series as well and they have a great cast of characters that keep gracing all the current  books still giving us a sneak peek of our favorites we have come to love.

5 stars from us


Our other Reviews in this Series!


Yet Another great read in this ongoing MC series.So far I am thinking this one is my top favorites.

I love it when the men in the story always protest so much about what they want and what they need.As always they think they just want sex and nothing more but, there is always that one that isn't so easily forgotten and when that happens I love seeing these Dark Dangerous Dominate men fall....

Zack's current women he lusts after has a complication as she has a baby and her ex is a current abusive biker from hell from a rival club and still thinks she's his old lady.What man wants all that complication?Zack that is who!He's been in deep since the minute he rescued her.

I loved this story so much from the onset and cover to cover.This story was filled with so much emotion.Some if it happy,scared,hopeful,fearful,love,regret and longing.

I always pick a favorite character in a story and mine is going to be Zack.I just loved him from the onset.Yes ,he wanted sex from from her but, it was so much more and more about protecting herself and child from harm.He always put her needs first.We saw him grow emotionally himself.He let those walls he had built around himself come down long enough to put his trust in someone he loved and cared about.I though he was smart,sexy,kind protective,loving and caring and an all around super guy.I loved how protective her was of Nicole  and her child from the start.I found myself falling in love with him myself. I loved as we saw him fall in love with the child as well as Nicole.I loved all the things a dad does for their child and Zack never realized that he was playing that part throughout their courtship .Smiles...

Nicole on the other hand I found to be determined,loving,caring,fearful and had a bit of a backbone.Nicole was determined to make a life for herself and that of her child.I will say that she annoyed me at times as she was just so stubborn and disregarded her safety even knowing her ex would keep trying to harm her.I hated how her stubbornness made It so hard for them to protect her.I just wanted to smack her so many times for being so stupid knowing all the time what her ex Spider was already capable of.

I loved the chemistry,the passion and the emotion that this couples sexual situations wrought.They made a really cute couple and the perfect family this is something Zack secretly longed for.I so wanted to to finally find some peace and happiness and someone to love him and I am glad he did I was rooting for him.

My heart broke for Zack and the up bringing he had.I have to say that I detested his mother from the onset of their meeting.I felt relieved that justice was served when It came to her.I so wanted to smack that bitch every-time she opened her mouth and I am so not a violent person. LOL

I loved it.Loved the plot the characters and the twists and turns the story took.We even got the chance to have some of our other favorite MC members grace our pages in this current story and I loved seeing them again with all the quirky personalities their love and loyalty toward one another.

Well Done!

Recommend read to all and of course the rest of this series we are loving it!

5 stars from us


Cody was a new character that we finally got to know after hearing so much about him.Cody has been connected to the MC through Dax but is not an actual member more like Dax's adopted son.Cody has not gotten over the girl he has left behind since going to prison .With him not being able to let go of the past and move on himself he gets caught up in a love triangle that is not going to end well as it is going to cause problems among the MC.Their is actually more then one love triangle he has involved himself in.Theirs Jimmy,himself and Macy and then their is him,Harley and Kyle.

Cody's former flame is now with his best friend who has now become a full pledged member of the club and Macy is his old lady.This definitely stirs things up between him and his former girlfriend now that they are in close proximity of one another.
(All those unresolved feelings and all that)

I really felt horrible for Cody for losing the one person who kept him going during his stint in prison  .He has lost the love of his life as she had moved on.Even though you can't blame her for moving on it's hard for him to let go the one person you always thought was  your very own soul mate.He will be dealt an even bigger blow once he learns her secret. We just wanted to hug him for the sadness that surrounds him.

I normally pick a favorite character in a story and mine is going to be Harley this time around,That chick was a breath of fresh air among all the chaos.I found Harley to be fun,daring smart,sexy and a bit of a free spirit. Harley was sunshine and was always upbeat and she seemed happy all of the time.How could you not love her as she was intoxicating .I loved how she lived in the moment and be damed the consequences.You could not help but love her feisty personality.

I loved no matter how many bad decisions Cody kept making his brothers always had his back supporting him as well as forgiving him and still willing to help avenge his brother death.Support,love Loyalty!

What a complicated story this turned out to be.There was so much going on in this story that kept you so engrossed. Omg! Cody's life was really a train wreck.Everything and anything just kept happening to him whether it was his own making or just fate.First he finds out the girl he loves ended up with his best friend and feels betrayed by both of them then he rekindles a friendship from his past who is involved with another man and has her acting on her own feelings that she has always carried for you involving you in yet another love triangle.(Not that he wasn't a willing participant but he is suppose to be getting his act together and moving on with his life in a positive direction ).All this while you are carrying a torch for your ex that you are currently perusing.Sounds like a soap opera right?Can you say complicated ? Then you keep making one misstep after another that could land you dead or in prison again.What's next ?


I normally pick a favorite character in a story and mine is going to be Harley this time around,That chick was a breath of fresh air among all the chaos.I found Harley to be fun,daring smart,sexy and a bit of a free spirit. Harley was sunshine and always upbeat and she seemed happy all of the time.How could you not love her she was intoxicating .I loved how she lived in the moment and be damed the consequences.You could not help but love her feisty personality.

The story was filled with so many surprises as wells as twists and turns which dealt with death,revenge,love,laughter,secrets coming to light. Its also about letting go of ones past and forgiving one another .A real page turner from beginning to end with  a bunch of love-able and engrossing cast of characters as well as a very complicated plot.

This book goes into the keeper pile and another fantastic tale in this continuing series.

5 stars from us

First lets start off by saying this is a new author for us and we loved our first read by them.For some reason I have been reading a lot of MC romance of late as it has all the elements I love in those kinds of books and is becoming one of my favorite genes to read and this author did not disappoint.

I loved Angel and Dax from the onset.Angel was the sweet and kind,smart,sexy witty,and found herself having a thing for bad boys. Dax well he was swoon worthy,had a Dominate personality,had a dangerous aura about him but most of all he seemed to be a totally different person around Angel.Angel made him feel things which you saw him struggle with on how he was handling those feelings.Most of all I loved seeing him happy as you had some idea that his life and not full joy or happiness.

I loved the chemistry this couple had between them as it made for some really hot sexual encounters and their we many of them.Holy hotness!


I really enjoyed the plot as you were on edge the entire story waiting for the axe to fall.This wasn't the kind of love story that had you thinking about happily ever afters.The story really was a page turner from beginning to end and had you engrossed the entire time.

My heart went out to Angel as you felt all of the things she was experiencing emotionally with the conflict of her doing her job and her love for Dax. Once the secret is exposed my heart broke for Dax for one he completely opened himself up to Angel let her in and trusted her completely and two after the childhood he had he actually opened his heart to care about someone and when he fell for her he fell hard.The devastation he felt at her betrayal was heart breaking .I think my eyes starting tearing up as it was the most emotional scene in the entire story.

I loved when you can connect with the characters that you read about and I was able to do that with this couple.I loved them from the start and when that happens I know that I am going to love the story from cover to cover.

Other than saying wow and that don't know what else there is left to say.This story was action packed ,had drama,surprises,secrets coming to life and one really big OMG moment that I did not see coming.I have to say I loved the ending as well as that was another OMG moment. I never saw it coming but, I loved how everything had turned out in the long run.

Well done loved it and we recommend this read to all.Can't wait for the next installment in this series.

5 stars form us



Final thoughts: I love when a story is unpredictable and this was definitely one of those stories.



Jessie Cooke writes hot romance novels about tough guys, bad boys, bikers, fighters and lovers and the women of strong character who tame them.


0 comments: