Pages

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

New Beginnings: Abel's Journey by Nicky James Available Now

Title: New Beginnings: Abel's Journey
Follow Up novel to No Regrets
Author: Nicky James
Word Length: 100K
Genre: Contemporary MM Romance 18+
Release: May 17, 2017
Life is beyond our control. It can bring joy, laughter, and happiness, then turn around and rip your heart out of your chest without warning. Abel Matheson received a cold dose of life’s reality six months ago when the man he loved most lost his fight against cancer. Free-spirited, easy-going Abel doesn’t know how to cope with the rotting, festering grief growing inside him. What was once an easy life has become a struggle to put one foot in front of the other. His grades are slipping, his job is suffering, money is tight, and the nightmares plaguing his sleep are relentless. Something has to give. He can’t keep going like this. Desperate to end his suffering, Abel falls back on old habits. Self-destructive habits he knows are wrong. Every time he tries to stand, he ends up face-first in the mud. On the advice of a counselor, Abel makes attempts to find a support system to help him handle his grief. Unexpectedly, during his quest toward healing, Abel makes a connection with the most unlikely of people. His mind wants to rebel against the man who stands before him. Run far and fast in the other direction. But his heart forms a bond that annihilates his fear. Why this man of all people? Sometimes you find help and love where you least expect it.


An enjoyable heart wrenching read with like- able and some love-able characters as well. Love healing and second chances.

Able loses his husband only after 7 months of marriage and has been on a down spriral  ever sense.Not coping with the loss of his husband he seeks counseling and has been given some homework to seek out someone that he can talk to about whats going on with him and what he is feeling.Abel turns to his husbands ex Kieran as they are both grieving and it helps both to talk about missing him.

Male bonding that turned out to be so much more. Kieran is the perfect person to help Abel with his loss.Being a nurse he has seen it all and instinct ally just knows how to handle him.

Kieran was my favorite character.I found him to be love-able ,he had a sense of humor,was kind, sweet ,intelligent and just an all around great guy. Kieran helps Abel by being kind and listens and never judges when he goes off the rails just helps him through it all.I love that most about Kieran he always dealt with Abel's pain before his own.I loved the connection that these two had.A friendship that grew and so did their attraction for one another.It was so cute seeing them both interested yet not wanting to harm their new found relationship.

Abel was just a wreck.My heart broke for him and I felt his pain and suffering and I shed some tears myself as he was grieving.I have so say that more than once I wanted to give him a kick in the butt and shake him and tell him join the living again. 

I love when you can connect with the characters you read about and I was able to do just that with this couple.I loved how something good came from such a tragic loss.I loved how Kieran and Abel were together once they realized their feelings for one another.Their chemistry was heated and made for some really fun and playful sexual interludes.

I loved the story from beginning to end and I can say that I shed many tears throughout the entire story. Kieran is what really made this story so endearing.

I will say that the story dragged a little bit too long with Abel and his grieving process.I understand that everybody grieves at a different rate and over comes their loss in their own way but this man who was so full of life just gave up on life to.We were into the story with almost 70 percent of it done before he got his crap together.I would have enjoyed this story even more if the author had broken that process up with us going through his husband passing and last days with him and not just starting the story after his loss.It just drug out to long for me.That being said I still loved it as the story had a great cast of interesting characters and there was never a dull moment.

Another story that touched ones heart.For me I was glad that Abel was able to move on and find love again but though it all I was really rooting for Kieran to get his happily ever after as I just loved him from the very beginning of the story.

Looking forward to reading No regrets as well .

4 stars from us





Nicky James lives in the small town of Petrolia, Ontario, Canada. She is mother to a wonderful teenage boy and wife to a truly supportive and understanding husband who, thankfully, doesn’t think her crazy.
Nicky has always had two profound dreams in life; to fall back hundreds of years in time and live in a simpler world and to write novels. Since only one of those dreams was a possibility, she decided to make the other come alive on paper.
Nicky writes MM romance books in a variety of styles including contemporary, medieval, fantasy, and historical.
HOSTED BY:

0 comments: