Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

Book Review for To Steal a Highlander's Heart by Samantha Holt



To Steal A Highlanders Heart

by Samantha Holt

 5
Reviewed by:Tonya
Format:Kindle
Published by : Samantha Holt Source:Purchased Copy
                Gene: Historical Romance

Blurb


Alana sets eyes on Morgann for the first time in several years and what does he do? He captures her! But Alana refuses to go meekly with the sexy Highland warrior. Her kidnapping will reignite the rift that’s existed between the two clans since her father accused Morgann of theft and she doesn’t want to see her father harmed in the inevitable war that will ensue.

Unfortunately for Alana, the faeries seek to interfere with her plans to escape. The sidhe have a debt to repay and Tèile, the green faery, is determined to mend the rift between the clans for good. And that means ensuring Alana and Morgann marry.

Morgann has his own reasons for taking Alana and they are nothing to do with marriage or war. He wants to use her to reveal a secret from the past, the one that had him accused of theft. If only he didn’t find his childhood friend so attractive. When circumstances force them together, Alana’s life is threatened and war is imminent. Can Morgann reveal the truth without losing Alana? And will the faeries meddling help or hinder his cause?






Our Review



First let me just say I love the name Moregann and um, excuse me, can he be my highlander please. *Fanning Myself* Strong, tall, dark, handsome, chisled, angry, determined, with a tender spot deep in his heart. Yeah my kind of Highlander. 

Alana hair the color of the setting sun, beautiful, small, but by no means meek, mild or week. No this girl has spirit, spunk, one serious back bone - I so love her. 

There are two people in this book that right away I wish I could jump into the pages and just give an old fashioned butt kicking. Alana's father Dougall and Morgann's step mother Margot. If ever there were a woman that needed to be throttled she is the one. 

Morgan fights for what is rightfully his, causing his clan to be in constant battle with Alana's father and their clan. Years later these two are brought back together. Much has changed, except one thing, how much they really want each other, but have never admitted it. 

Oh how I love Alana's spirit, her fight, she surely pushes Morgann to his very whits end - it has me laughing at times, at others shaking my head saying girl are you daft (lol wait he says "addled") ROFL. But never the less the same. 

I loved that this story line was not just about one of my absolute favorite things "Highlander Romance" but about a new budding genre of mine. I have really begun to love stories that include fairies and fey and the such. I think it really tents to make a story that much more enjoyable and this book does that. 

Oh and can I just say that these two are so pigheaded at times LOL but oh I so love them and the story - what they go through before finally realizing just how very much they want and love each other, and then how they fight for what they want - LOVE IT. 

This story has a great plot to it, excellent character building, one super hot gorgeous highlander, one beautiful spirited woman, not one but two baddies and one down right funny fairy.








0 comments: