Pages

Thursday, May 18, 2017

Book Review for The Captain's Rebel Irish Heroines Series by C.B. Halverson

The Captain's Rebel
Irish Heroines Series
by C.B. Halverson
5 stars
Reviewed by: Angels
Format:Kindle 
Published: Entangled: Scorched
Source: ARC Copy
Genre:  Romance,Regency,Historical Romance,Military

Land. Power. Influence. Mary O’Malley knows these are the only things that matter in her war-torn country. Determined to win back her ancestral home, she must embark on a journey across the Atlantic disguised as a cabin boy. But her ruse brings her under the control of a dangerous sea captain who demands from her the one thing she will never give—complete and total submission. Captain Richard Grant runs a tight ship, and he didn’t claw his way up through the ranks of the Royal Navy to be undone by a headstrong Irish girl hell-bent on jeopardizing his mission and his crew. If she insists on dressing like a man, then she can take his punishments. He demands obedience, but his insatiable need for her leads to a complex game of sex, desire, and dominance not even he can control. Awakened by the passion Grant stirs in her, Mary finds herself falling for the stern captain. But when her false identity leads to rumors of her spying for the French, she must choose between her love for Ireland and the man who commands her body—and her heart. 

goodreads-badge-add-38px




Buy :





This is a new author for us and we are glad to announce we loved our first read by her. 


What an exciting read from the very first pages.The characters were griping and exciting funny and love-able. A historical romance with an erotic twist and unlike anything I read before and I loved it.

Grant and Mary two opposites that have common ground when it comes to their sexual pleasure.A game that started out to protect Mary turned out to be so much more.This couple had some major chemistry that brought out each others inhibitions that had them playing and acting out some of their most sensual sexual fantasies. 

I always have a favorite character and mine is going to be Grant.I loved how interesting he was,he had a commanding personality, tall dark handsome,had a dangerous aura,was possessive,protective and into sexual kink.I enjoyed the game he played with Mary it was a sensual dance of cat and mouse.I loved how he saw the real Mary and not the Mary she pretended to be.He new she was a strong and determined sensual women who would do whatever it took to get the thing she wanted most.Grants perfect match yet belongs to another.

I admired Mary and her determination to  protect and give a better life to those people she cared about.Found her to be smart ,sexy,open minded,tough enough to protect herself on more than one occasion and just down right love able.I loved how she was willing to experiment sexually and how she demanded what she wanted and needed during herliaisons with Grant.I love how Bold she was for a girl who was raised to be prim and proper but anything but.

I have to say I rooted for this couple from the very beginning to find the love and happiness that they both deserved .To be able to overcome  the odds for them to be together.

 Favorite Scene - When Mary was forced to bring sexualgratification to a couple while pretending to be a  man and how she did the deed with a straight face while I laughed so hard through the entire scenario.

A page turner from beginning to end and I could not put the book down until it was finished.I love reading the normal historical romances but loved even more that the author decided to add a bdsm /erotica element into the mix to change it up a bit for these amazing characters.The story had excitement,intrigue,sexy captains,warfare love,humor,and some major surprises and some omg moments that I did not expect along with secrets and lies coming to life. All the elements I love in a story to make it a amazing and interesting read for me.  

I love when I fall in love and can connect with the characters I read about and I was able to do that with this couple it makes more of an enticing read for me and then I know that I will absolutely love the story I am reading.I have to say that this author was able to make me laugh as well as cry throughout the story.

A recommend read for all and we are very much looking forward to another romance novel in the near future.This story goes into the keeper pile to read again at a later date.The author did an amazing job with her debut novel.
5 stars from us !











As a child, Colleen Halverson used to play in the woods imagining worlds and telling stories to herself. Growing up on military bases, she found solace in her local library and later decided to make a living sharing the wonders of literature to poor, unsuspecting college freshmen. After backpacking through Ireland and singing in a traditional Irish music band, she earned a PhD in English with a specialization in Irish literature. When she’s not making up stories or teaching, she can be found hiking the rolling hills of the Driftless area of Wisconsin with her husband and two children. She also writes as C.B. Halverson.Website |Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Goodreads | Newsletter |Amazon Author Profile 








Follow Us







0 comments: