Pages

Friday, April 4, 2014

Book Review for The Wager- BBW Erotic Curvy Paranormal Romance (TOUCH OF THE GODS)



Touch of the Gods: Book 1 
The Wager 
by D. X. Luc 

Reviewed by: Angels

Format:Kindle 


Published:D.X.Luc


Source:Gifted Copy


Genre: Paranormal  Romance





Blurb

When love and war makes a little wager, what could possibly go wrong? I am Hephaestus. God of inventions, blacksmiths, and volcanoes. Sounds like I'm awesome right? Well, I'm not. In fact, I'm the loser of Olympus and a new bachelor to boot. Living the single life is great until a decade passed. Honestly if my divorce from the Goddess of Love wasn't bad enough, I am still being rejected by the other women of my home. Because of an incessant need to make me a pawn in his game, my brother, Ares convinces Eros to make a little bet. A wager that puts my lack of love life to the test. Sent to Earth, I'm skeptical, when suddenly I lose myself in the sensual scent and beauty of the full bodied Vanessa. She is my everything, my perfection. Sadly, from a single caress upon her silky flesh, I sent our lives into a downward spiral of hell. To save her, I must get beyond my demons of the past. And to save me, she will have to decide if I'm worth giving up everything for. 


HOT EROTIC EXCERPT: 

Without a word, she took her hands, her delicate fingers opening her folds, displaying the one place I was truly welcomed and digging my fingertips into her fleshy pelvis, I plunged back into her heat. No longer gentle, my hips swiveled, my other hand taking hold of her, stopping her own hips from arching up. I wanted to control how deep, how fast, and how much she would get. Despite not being able to fit all of my length inside her, I became familiar to how much she could take and pushed past that limit, until only half an inch of my skin was left without the cocoon of her sweet tender flesh. It was a small sacrifice, one that was lost as my power pulsed through my veins, the climax I'd held back, roaring to life, as the magma of a volcano before eruption. Both our bodies were coated from our exertions and stretching my abilities, I pushed into every exposed orifice she had, metaphysical fingers, probing and teasing. I heard her deep gasp, seconds before she shrieked out expletives with a "sweet Jesus and Mary", as her body convulsed, and her head thrashed from side to side on her pillow. A desperate delight filled Vanessa's pleading screams and helpless moans with an ecstasy that she may have believed brought her to a little bit of erotic orientated death.

My Thoughts and Review


My first read by D.X. Luc and it was an awesome one. A totally enjoyable read.I had so much fun reading this story it had me laughing quite thoroughly through out the whole book.I have never read a book concerning the Gods before thinking it will be quite boring but, I was so wrong.The characters were awesome both good and evil ones playing the game of cat and mouse between them with a mere mortal in the middle of the deceitful web of a game in play.

I start reading the book around 10 o'clock at night and could not put it down its now 3am and I am finally finished and thinking wow what and awesome book glad to have read it!I had been kind of down in the dumps of having surgery tomorrow and this read gave me the pick me up in needed.It was full with an interesting plot intriguing , interesting characters and broken God of sorts thinking will I ever find my one true love.

A bet led him into the mortal world to find his one true love !


Hephaestus: God of inventions, blacksmiths, and volcanoes. Looking for his "one".

Vanessa: Full bodied, regular gal. Doubts finding love when she's a big girl living in a thin person's world.

Ares: God of War and pain in his brother's side.

Eros: God of Love.

Willa: Vanessa's eccentric and loving younger sister.

These were the character above and there role they played.Vanessa will have to prove her worth in order to become a Goddess to be with Hephaestus but, there are continuing stumbling blocks in her way that she must overcome does she have what it takes? If not she will pay with her life and Die.When the story started out with so much heartache and pain for both lovers you thought that there is no hope at all you felt the pain of both parties but love is the best motivator there is to find love in happiness in one Gods immortal world!

My only thought was that Vanessa and her family were different from others of there mortal world did they have a secret of the own perhaps ?leaving we wondering a bit ? lol....

A Recommended read to all 18 + and over. Full of hot sex and with intriguing plot.And a twist that takes you for a surprise at the end but, a most enjoyable one ! Love Love Loved it !Looking forward to the next book in its series....








0 comments: