Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Book Review for Chosen Daughters of the Sea Series-Book #3 By Kristen Day




Chosen 
Daughters of the Sea Series
Book #3 
By Kristen Day

 stars


Reviewed by: Tonya
Format:Kindle
Published:Kristen Day
Source:Gifted Copy
Genre:
Paranormal Romance



About Book


The essence of who we 

are lies not in what we have, but in what we are willing to give up.
Because in the end, Time and Tide wait for no one.

After
sacrificing all that she had, the evil princess of the Underworld is
still successful in her bid to tear Finn from Stasia’s life.  In the
midst of her search to reclaim him, Stasia is summoned to the island
nation of Cyprus to take part in an age-old ritual; unveiling the
missing pieces of her ancestry and re-igniting an ancient war.  As she
struggles to both save Finn’s soul and free Carmen’s mind, Stasia’s
bravery and determination will be pushed to its breaking point.  A dark
storm is forming on the horizon, and the forces who are vying to destroy
 her may be much closer than she thinks.  Destiny weaves a sticky web of
 evil, betrayal, and revenge that can only be undone by the purity of
love and the soul’s unyielding will to survive.  In the last installment
 of the Daughters of the Sea trilogy, the past will collide with the
present as Stasia’s future hangs in the balance.  The prophecy that
paved the way for her new life may indeed be the very thing that strips
her of the ones she loves the most.



My Thoughts



WOW – WOW – WOW okay when they say that things get better with time well lets just say each book has gotten better and better. And this third book in the Daughters of the Sea series is just that better than the one before. 


It is so hard to write a review that is “Spoiler Free” but yet get across to those who have yet to read the book how truly amazing a read it is. How great the characters are and how with every turn of the page (or swipe of your kindle) you are drawn deeper and deeper into the struggles of Anastasia to now only understand her past, to accept who she is and what she has been chosen to become. But also to learn to let the walls down, to trust completely, blindly and to love. To love and be loved. 



If you have read “Forsaken” and “Awaken” then I know you are chomping at the bit to find out what happens to Carmen, are her friends able to heal her broken mind. What about Nadia that evil underworld spoiled needs to be slapped princess. What about Finn does he fulfill his destiny or give it all up in hopes of being with Anastasia forever. And Anastasia does her destiny come true, does she fulfill the prophecy that was written about her. Well you are going to have to read the book to find out. As much as I want to spill out here in my review what happens to Carmen and yes even Ricker or Finn and his destiny to be the “Prime” leader of the Sons of Daimon. And beautiful, sweet, yet hesitant Anastasia. 



Okay let me just say this is an edge of your seat, jumping up and down, laughing, crying, yelling, hair pulling, stomach knotting, and nail biting book. Yes all of that and even more. I lost a lot of sleep reading this book – oh I think it may have affected my work to LOL but we won't go there okay. Oh My Gawd I just could not put my kindle down, except for the two times I read it so long my battery died and I had to wait for it to recharge. And yes I was going through some serious withdrawals yelling at my Kindle “WOULD YOU HURRY UP AND CHARGE ALREADY.” – LOL



The struggle that Carmen goes through after returning from the underworld is so heart wrenching to watch, and yes you feel like you are right there with Anastasia, Willow, Phoebe, Finn, Ricker, Ian & Liam wondering will she make it and can they save her. 



The battles that Anastasia goes through with that “love to hate” underworld princess Nadia along with Keto and a few other surprises and boy these surprises are better than ever. I love how Author Kirsten Day allows Anastasias past, her years being in the foster system and the hard life she had hold her back and how her past and new experiences strengthen her and you watch her grow, watch her get stronger, watch that wall come down. Excellent!!!!



And Finn oh yes the super hot, super sexy hunk that stole Anastasias heart (heck mine too) ladies let me tell you – Ohhhhhhh Myyyyyyy Gawddddddd okay I can’t tell you that would so ruin the amazing moment. But let’s just say have a box of Kleenex because you are going to need it in this book. I don’t think I ever went through so many ranges of emotions in one book before. 



There are tender moments throughout this story that have you feeling the walls around Anastasias heart come down and the bond between her and Finn grow stronger (Finn and Anastasia are talking about a man she found and saved) - 



”I have a feeling he’s stronger than you think; he lasted a long time on that island,” he informed me. 



“Speaking of stronger than I thought, “ I raised an eyebrow at him. “You didn’t tell me that the ability of sonic boom was in your bag of tricks.” 



“My bag of tricks is an endless pit of awesomeness,” he winked at me. I rolled my eyes, but his gaze brought the butterflies back with a vengeance. 



“I think I’ve almost got you figured out,” I teased him. 



“I doubt that,” he countered. 



I crossed my arms. “Right now you’re contemplating whether or not I really do have you figured out, because the thought of that scares you to death. And you’re craving beef jerky.” 



“Uncanny,” he smirked. “But I wasn’t craving beef jerky until you mentioned it. So now I’m craving beef jerky,” 



“See? You’re an open book,” I smiled. 



“My Turn,” he considered me for a long moment and then leaned in close. “At this very moment you want me to kiss you.” 
“You’re way off,” I liked. 



“Am I?” he sneered, moving even closer with a confident grin. 



“Waaay off,” I lied again with the conviction of a slug.



“So you don’t want me to do this?” he asked coyly, as he kissed his way down my jaw line. 



“Not one bit.” 



“Or this?” he muttered, as he brought my mouth to his with excruciating slowness. The softness of his lips was only a prelude to the taste of his tongue, as our kiss deepened and every cell in my body came alive with happiness. He leaned back with a smug smile on his face, leaving me wanting much, much more. 



“Told you so,” he bragged happily and thread his fingers through mine.




To moments that have you laughing out loud (Zara, Anastasia and Finn are going through the contents of the valise her mother Thetis had left her) – 




I inspected the items on the table while Zara took a sip of cider, tucked her legs up under her, and settled in. A broken compass, a jeweled dagger, a piece of rope, the eerie conch shell, the hematite stone, and three skeleton keys all dumbfounded me with their mystery.



“I think I should hang on to the dagger for safe keeping…” Finn informed us wickedly, and attempted to hide it behind his back. 
“You have your own bedazzled weapons,” I scolded him. “This one says with me.” 



“My weapons are not bedazzled,” he spit out, almost chocking on the word ‘bedazzled’.



“Of course they are!” I smiled at him happily. 



“They’re jeweled, not bedazzled,” he corrected me. 



“Definitely bedazzled,” I muttered under my breath, until Finn playfully poked my stomach; sending me into a full blown giggle fit. 




Or this (Willow, Carmen & Phoebe are trying to get Anastasia to go on a mission with them in search of answers) – 




“And what exactly do we need camouflage outfits and armed guards for?” I wasn’t convinced. I eyed my own camo outfit awaiting me in the bag sitting on the bed. 



“Operation ‘Zara dark Thirty’, Carmen announced, clearly proud of the name they’d come up with; a play on the movie title “Zero Dark Thirty.” 



“We are not going on a mission to kill Osama Bin Laden,” I disagreed vehemently, “And most importantly, we are NOT Navy Seals.” 
“You’re right.” Willow flung the bag of clothes at me, “We are Tydes and we are going on a mission to find out who Zara is. So get dressed soldier, it’s time to move out.” 



“I’m getting the three of you checked out for Bat-Shit Crazy Disorder at some point. I have a feeling you are prime candidates for the disease.” 



“Well, you’re gonna be our leader…” Phoebe laughed, “so what does that say about you?”



“Good point.” I sneered at her and began to pull on the biggest camouflage pants I’d ever seen.




You will find all of this, laughter, tears, happiness, sorrow, love and joy within the pages of “Chosen”. A truly amazing book. Very well done.


0 comments: