Pages

Monday, November 25, 2013

Book Review for Fire and Ice Book of Shadows #1 By Lacey Weatherford


Fire and Ice
Book of Shadows #1

By: Lacey Weatherford
 stars
Reviewed by:Tonya
Format:Kindle
Published: Moonstruck Media
Source:Purchased Gene: Paranormal Romance

Blurb

 
He was on the run

.
Love wasn't an option,


But Fate had a different plan.


Magic abounds and sparks fly

,
when destiny brings Fire & Ice together.

Back cover:


Time passes . . . sometimes too quickly, other


 times not fast enough, but that’s not what’s


 important. The essential thing is what we learn


 about ourselves during that passage of time


 and how we apply it. Will we continue to


 follow the destructive paths we find ourselves


 on? Will we give in to circumstances that seem


 completely unchangeable? Or will we


 desperately fight to hold on to those we love


 and to what’s good inside us—no matter how


 terrible the cost?

I only know I would do whatever was required


 of me to keep Portia, but in a world of witches,


 warlocks, and demons, anything can happen.

My name is Vance Mangum, and this is my


 story.





Our Review
Journal Entry: 

I'm angry, pissed at the world right now, and pretty much everything in it. I'm so tired of all this shit. I hate running-hate always looking over my shoulder. Right now, I should be exhausted from spending the night on the beach with a beautiful girl, not from driving all night long. This isn't living. It's existing...it's being prey to someone else's whim. I'm not sure how much more I can take.







What an opening, right away the author grabs you and throws you into what you can only assume is a flight for life moment. I could tell right then this book was going to be one heck of a bumpy ride, so I fastened up and got ready - and boy was it worth it. 


Vance Magnum is on the run, sadly from the one person you shouldn't be on the run from, your father. Vance is a warlock, but not an ordinary one, one with great powers, not the normal, and his father wishes to drain that from him for his own gain. So Vance's aunt Marsha and he are constantly looking over their shoulders, always picking up at a moment's notice and running. That is until they meet Sean Mullins, his wife, mother and daughter Portia. 

Sean's coven agree's to take Vance and his aunt in and try to help protect them and Vance is not to have anything to do with Portia, until she has come into her powers. Little do they all know, until she does, she too is special and right away Vance is drawn to her and notices that she is different. 

Of course what is the book without attraction, and these two are drawn to each other like moths to flames. And once Portia comes into her powers she is a natural, and a bond is forged, one that is so strong it is at times painful. There were moments I was on the edge of my seat laughing at Vance and Portia. At others I was jumping hoping nothing would happen, praying that everything would be okay. 

Before you know it trouble is brewing, and no not in a cauldron, Vance and Marsha have been found, but instead of running Vance is going to make a stand, he can't run anymore, refuses to leave the love of his life. But unlike your typical book that has those HAPPILY EVER AFTER endings, Lacey does something even better. She pushes love to its limits, and shows what it means to give up everything for the one you love. And then there is a twist again. OMG she had my insides all twisted up. I was shocked, crying, jumping for joy and then yelling NO............. 

Okay Lacey please hurry up with book #2 because I so need to know what happens to Vance and Portia, do they get their happily ever after, does that nasty evil man get what is finally coming to him like mommy dearest did (oh I so was happy when she got hers) I absolutely loved that this book has a cliff hanger because I know I get to read more of Vance and Portia. 

This is a very fast read, excellently written, great character development and a super story line.








      Amazon Kindle Link     








0 comments: