Pages

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Book Review for Daughter of the Earth and Sky By Katlin Bevis



Daughter of the Earth and Sky
By: Katlin Bevis
 stars
Reviewed by:Tonya
Format:Kindle
Published: Katlin Bevis
Source:Purchased Gene: Young Adult Paranormal



Blurb



Some vows can never be broken.
Persephone thought she could go back to her normal life after returning from the Underworld. She was wrong.
The goddess Aphrodite is born among the waves with more charm than she can control. Zeus is stalking Persephone and her loved ones, and Thanatos is no longer content with Persephone’s silence.
He wants her soul.
Persephone can’t tell anyone about Thanatos’ betrayal, and it drives a wedge between her and Hades. Her mother is still keeping secrets, and Melissa’s jealousy of Aphrodite threatens to tear their friendship apart.
Alone, Persephone turns to a human boy for comfort. But will their relationship put him in danger?
Sacrifices must be made, and Persephone must choose between her human life and her responsibilities as a goddess. If she doesn’t, she could lose them both.
But will either life be worth choosing once Zeus is through with her?





Our Review


What can I say book 2 picks right up where book 1 finishes but with a new twist. Persephone and Hades are what taking a break hello Persephone bad move because that leaves him wide open for all us other girls who are head over heals for the bad guy persona that really is a good guy inside. And hot to boot yeah hello HADES!!! Over here hunny!!!! I am more than happy to occupy your time sweetie pie. LOL
No really now it took me a little longer to read this one I so do not like teenage drama. Maybe it is because I get enough of it with a 17 year old daughter in the house. LOL but at times I felt there was just a bit too much of it with Persephone, Aphrodite and Melissa. LOL A bit of girl on girl jealousy honestly. But it made for a good side line in the story. I will just say I don’t like Aphrodite in here as much as I have never liked her ROFL I have always thought her selfish and vain and self serving and the author does a great job portraying that – kudos!!!
Persephone’s life is in serious turmoil in this one with the reapers and the one she used to trust Thanatos, pushing Hades away, not trusting in anyone. She has Zeus coming at her, her mother Demeter lying to her, Hades trying to figure out what is going on and poor Persephone can’t tell anyone. Darn those stupid cant lie and cant break your given word god/goddess curses. LOL Yes that is what it would be to us humans.
I did however enjoy the book I loved how with the help of something someone else said she was able to help Orpheus and his wife. I loved the whole fated soul’s theory. Oh how I wished I believed in it. LOL







      Amazon Kindle Link          
                  




0 comments: