Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

Book Review for The Bad Boy Series Finding You by S.K. Hartley


The Bad Boy Series 

Finding You 
by S.K. Hartley
3 1/2 stars
Reviewed by: Tonya
Format:Kindle
Published: S.K.Hartley
Source:Purchased
Gene: New Adult/Contemporary Romance

Blurb



'I will always take care of you'

My pain started when I was just ten years old, it was the day my mom got that dreaded phone call. Life has never been the same....

'I will always protect you'

I am all kinds of broken....

I have known Logan White since forever, he is my brothers best friend and my secret protector. I used to have nightmares that drew me into a dark place and when the nightmares got too much, Logan was by my side. The nightmares are few and far between now, but my life is centered around the tragedy of my past. 

Logan is the definition of 'man whore', with girls lining around the block to drop their panties at the click of his fingers. But after an unexpected moment things change. Now Logan is somebody else; hot, sexy and so damn delicious and I want to know him. Desperately. 

But then there is Angel Walker who is far from the angelic nature of his name, with eyes so hypnotic that I lose my inhabitation’s just by staring into them. But he is a broken man who just screams sin. He doesn't want to protect me or care for me, He just wants me. 

Do I want the man who can cut through all of my pain or the man who could cause me more?

Fists will fly, hearts will shatter and desire will be fueled.




Our Review



What can I say. I loved the book up until the end. My heart broke for 10 year old Neva and it broke again for 20 year old Neva when she was torn between two men. Both men equally gorgeous mind you. One there all her life, one who knew her past, her pain, her nightmares, her brokenness-Logan. The other who she thought she could be just herself with, not broken-Angel. Just an FYI I am all team Logan. 

The pull she has to both of them is so strong and each one is so equally moving and charged. I can't think of another word for it. The sheer emotion in this book is undeniable but I wont lie. I HATED THE END. Literally "The End". Just when something different was being thrown in, something very unexpected, well no I had a feeling about Angel from the start, I felt something just wasn't right, but yet as I read I thought maybe I am wrong. But I wasn't expecting what was going to happen or what I thought was going to happen. And I sure the heck didn't expect "THE END"!!! 

I was all set to give this book a much higher rating but seriously I love books in a series and I love endings that leave you wanting the next book to hurry up and be published. But this one, this one takes you to the top of the roller coaster and then slams the door shut just before hitting the highest part it is beyond leaving you in suspense. Its bucket of cold water waking you up from a deep sleep.









0 comments: