Pages

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Author Spotlight – The Valkyrie Series by Author T. G. Ayer


  Dead Radiance

  Valkyrie Series

by T.G. Ayer

Mythological Adventure Romance

Release Date - February 23, 2012

 About Book

 
Bryn Halbrook had always seen the glow. But it is only when her best friend dies that she discovers the meaning of those beautiful golden auras – Death. Alone, lost in the foster system, she struggles to understand who she is and why she was cursed with the ability to see the soon-to-be-dead.

The new foster kid, Aidan, isn’t helping any. Mr. Perfect seems to fit in no matter what, making her feel even more pathetic. But when his affections turn to her, Bryn finds him hard to resist. Impossible actually. A mystery himself, Aidan disappears, leaving behind a broken heart and a mysterious book that suggests Bryn might not be entirely human.

Bryn stands at the threshold of a journey of discovery. Will destiny help her find herself, find her purpose and her place in a world in which she’d never belonged?




Buy:

Amazon | B & N | Book Depository | B-A-M | iBooks | Chapters | IndieBound | Mystery Books Ca | Powells | VRoman’s | Amazon Canada | Amazon United Kingdom | Sony | Harlequin


Excerpt 


Biker-dude cut the engine and swung off the machine, his movement like a river of mercury. He strolled to the front door. Walk wasn’t the most appropriate word for the rolling gait he used to go from bike to door, but it did strange things to my heart and my breath. Deliciously nice things.
I stared from the darkness, half a smile on my lips, one foot on the wooden deck so the swing didn’t give me away with a random creak, holding my breath. He thumbed the doorbell and peeled off his helmet. Long black hair dripped over his forehead and caressed his nape. He fluffed the dark mop, not in the vain I-look-so-hot way, but in an unconscious get-out-of-my-face way.
For the first time in my sad and predictably unlucky life, my heart lurched in my chest. All the soppy, mushy stuff was present: lightheartedness, breathless expectation, deep rosy blushes. Exactly the way girls fell for the male lead in chick flicks or the way the simpering heroines swooned in great romance novels.

I barely heard the porch door squeak open. I even missed Ms. Custer saying, “Oh, it’s you. Come in, come in!” He followed her inside and I waited while they talked. Crickets chirped, reminding me to get my head out of the clouds. A steady breeze tugged at the branches of our red oak and cooled my heated cheeks. I didn’t dare enter the house. Or leave the veranda.
I peered through the drapes as they talked in the living room. Though I strained to make sense of their conversation I got nothing but muffled sounds. When they shook hands and walked back toward the door, I breathed a sigh of relief. Thank heaven. He was leaving.
Ms. Custer let him out and shut the door behind him. I waited. He took the two porch stairs in a single stride and slung his leg over the bike. Right before he put his helmet on he turned and looked straight at me, through the darkened branches of the climbing rose, which should have hidden me from view.
“It’s rude to spy on people, you know?” He softened his words with a smile, teeth glittering even in the fading evening light. The darkness hid the hot red of my cheeks. His deep laughter echoed as he shoved the helmet onto his head. He shut the face-piece of his helmet, cutting off the stomach-tingling sound of his voice, and revving the engine. Silver gleamed at his neck and then he disappeared into the gathering shadows.
I shoved off the swing, sending it into a creaking frenzy. Caught, embarrassed and fuming I’d even done such a thing. I pushed the front door open and barreled into the living room.
Ms. Custer’s knitting occupied her generous lap; needles flashed this way and that, keen on creating her next rainbow-colored scarf. On the TV Hannibal smiled and chewed on his cigar.
“Who was that guy?” I asked, keeping my expression as neutral as possible, hoping the color in my cheeks had faded away.
“Oh, that nice young man is our latest foster.” Ms. Custer had fallen for his smile, too. “He’ll be moving in tomorrow bright and early.”
Fabulous.
Mr. Hot Wheels, who’d made my pathetic heart race, was moving in. Just great. I harnessed my embarrassed rage, ignored the temptation to run upstairs, slam my door shut, throw myself onto my bed and scream into my pillow. Instead, I gazed through the window at the shadows that had swallowed Biker-dude. I still couldn’t wipe the stupid half-smile off my face. Guess it would do no harm to have some eye candy around. And though Joshua had qualified as eye candy, he’d been my friend.
Biker-dude didn’t look much like just-friend material.
Sleep eluded me, and when at last I succumbed, my dreams were hazy, filled with the bright golden gleam of Joshua and Aimee, screeching tires and crunching metal.
And the faint echo of the rev of a motorcycle engine.

 Dead Embers

The Valkyrie Series


  by


 T.G. Ayer

Mythological Adventure Romance


  Release Date - August 31, 2012






  About Book

Valkyrie-in-training Bryn Halbrook just can’t catch a break. With her boyfriend stuck in Hel and the taunting laughter of Loki still ringing in her ears, she struggles to concentrate on her training and duties in Odin’s realm. The last thing she expects or wants is more adventure—but then treachery, a shocking abduction and a chilling discovery send her forth on another perilous, globe-hopping mission.

As the ultimate battle, Ragnarok, draws closer, it’s a race against time for Bryn, Fenrir and their team to discover who kidnapped her foster brother from the halls of Asgard and what’s causing the mysterious deaths of so many of Odin’s chosen warriors.
In the exciting sequel to DEAD RADIANCE, Bryn encounters dwarfs and dragons, new friends and old foes—but the worst enemy of all may be the person she trusts most!



 

About Author 




Tee has been a writer from the time she was old enough to recognize that reading was a doorway into her imagination. Poetry was her first foray into the art of the written word. Books were her best friends, her escape, her haven. She is essentially a recluse but this part of her personality is impossible to practice given she has two teenage daughters, who are actually her friends, her tea-makers, her confidantes… She is blessed with a husband who has left her for golf. It’s a fair trade as she has left him for writing. They are both passionate supporters of each other’s loves – it works wonderfully…
Her heart is currently broken in two. One half resides in South Africa where her old roots still remain, and her heart still longs for the endless beaches and the smell of moist soil after a summer downpour. Her love for Ma Afrika will never fade. The other half of Tee has been transplanted to the Land of the Long White Cloud. The land of the Taniwha, beautiful Maraes, and volcanoes. The land of green, pure beauty that truly inspires. And because she is so torn between these two lands – she shall forever remain cross-eyed.


 LINKS
 
AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE | WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | GOODREADS
| GOODREADS | SHELFARI






Follow on Bloglovin




0 comments: