Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Doctor Who: A Fairy Tale Life by Matthew Sturges

Doctor Who: A Fairy Tale Life

Doctor Who: A Fairy Tale Life

My rating: 3 of 5 stars
What's better: an ugly reality or beautiful fantasy? This is the question the Doctor is forced to confront in a medieval fantasy world where Amy Pond finds herself reluctantly cast as a damsel in distress. Matthew Sturges, Eisner Award-nominated writer of Jack of Fables, spins this yarn, featuring covers by Mark Buckingham of Miracleman and Fables fame.
 
Paperback, 104 pages
Expected publication: November 22nd 2011 by IDW Publishing
ISBN
1613770227 (ISBN13: 9781613770221)

My Review:

Received this book courtesy of Net Gallery. I have never really read that many comic like books before so I thought I would give it a try.The cover was enough to intrigue me.Liking time travel books myself I thought to relate to this story.The material that was provided to me for this review was part 1 of 4.

The Doctor who is the main character of this story is an alien the last of the Time Lords.He travels through time alone expect for the humans he befriends.He befriends Amy Pond who wants to travel to a Fairytale Kingdom of Dragon and Knights and wizards. The Doctor see's to it that her wish is granted.


I thought that the graphic's of this comic were well done.The scenes they provided for the comic fit the time period of the story.I was following the story with ease as it started to get intriguing .Although I did not get to find out the ending I think all and all this story will turn out to be a interesting read for comic lovers and those who love fairy tales.

 

0 comments: